We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos papagayo

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derbyshire
reviews: 5
Sandos papagayo

We are going here 12/09 The hotel sounds fantastic for what we want for a holiday, But was just wondering alot of people say it is a little remote.

Do you know if there is a bus that takes you down to the marina or is the walk there ok.

And at the marina is there shops and bars just to chill and people watch.?

Any help or advice. Thankyou

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 25
1. Re: Sandos papagayo

Yes it its a bit remote but the marina does have bars and restaurants and about 25/30 minutes walk

The walk

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11

There is a bus to town which runs every half hour, nearest bus 'stop is no 28'

playa-blanca-villa.com/Bus%20timetable.pdf

Edited: 5:50 pm, March 14, 2013
derbyshire
2. Re: Sandos papagayo

Thanks for that. Starting to worry that i have chosen the wrong hotel for its location.

Looking at the bus time table we get on at 28 and get off at 25 is that correct.? And does the bus stop out side the hotel.?

Also which is the best beach to go to.? And how do we get there from the hotel.

Hope you can help. Thanks

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
3. Re: Sandos papagayo

IMO the best beach which has sunbeds is the Dorado beach which is a further 10 minutes walk from the marina. Yes the stop 25 appears to be the nearest stop to the marina but the town would probably be best for the restaurants if you were getting a bus.

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10

A number of people on here have been really happy with the hotel and there is a back entrance next to the beach which would reduce the walk a bit and of course you may walk quicker than me lol

The bus stop near the Princesa Yaiza for the Dorado beach or a walk along the main road may be quicker

Edited: 6:11 am, March 15, 2013
derbyshire
4. Re: Sandos papagayo

we aren't in any rush with us being on holiday. But we have my mum with us, who cant walk for long without a break.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
5. Re: Sandos papagayo

Ah the taxi's are reasonable if there are three of you

Manchester
reviews: 4
6. Re: Sandos papagayo

The hotel is in a lovely location with great views from nearly all of the rooms. There is a nice walk from the hotel to the marina takes about 20mins with lots of benches along to sit and admire the views . A further 20mins or so brings you to Playa Blanca. The hotel runs a free bus service into Playa Blanca at certain times of the day if you want to go to the beaches and take stuff with you. The best beaches are the Papagayo ones which are at the back of the hotel to access these you would have to walk over some rough ground but there are now many different paths that people have made over the years. Great hotel been 4 times. Enjoy

derbyshire
7. Re: Sandos papagayo

No there are 6 of us going. Myself my husband our 3 girls (13,14 and 20) and my mum.

Thankyou Cass19 you have put my mind at rest as i was the one that picked the hotel . I cant find a bad report about it so, looking forward to myself and my family going there.!

I'm sure we will be fine going down to the beach.

8. Re: Sandos papagayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 17, 2014