We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria
reviews: 22
Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Thinking of booking for first time to Lanzarote (giving my beloved Turkey a break). Stuck between Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise. Hubby and I in early 50's, we like to go out for a meal at nights with a good choice of restaurants followed by a few drinks in a few nice bars. I was quite fancying Playa Blanca but the only thing putting me off is how spread out the resort seems. Is this the case? Whilst we don't want anything too lively, at the same time don't want somewhere too quiet. Which part of Plays Blanca has the main concentration of bars and restaurants. Any advice gratefully received.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 25
1. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

For Playa Blanca

The main town with restaurants near the harbour are just 20 minutes walk to the marina which also has bars and restaurants, so IMO, the best place to be is, near either of them or in the middle of the two

Edited: 6:19 pm, March 13, 2013
Manchester, United...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

I prefer the original town. But all linked by half hour bus service approx 8 am to 10 pm inc weekends. Flat fare I think currently about 1.4 euros. Inter town bus also very good and very reliable. See arecefe bus website . lines 61. 60. 30.

Plenty of places to eat and enjoy a drink. Nightlife as such very limited

LEEDS
reviews: 20
3. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

We are mid 40's and also frequent Turkey (we love Hisaronu) in September but love Costa Teguise in March.

No hassle from Bars / Restaurants dragging you in , friendly ex-pats and locals. We too like a chill out but not a total ghost town at nights. Entertainment consists of Tribute Acts etc , from Robbie Williams , Elvis, Neil Diamond, Motown and Soul to Live 80's style music at La Vida. Suits us just fine and we are not talking 'Benidorm' type entertainment here.

Plenty of like minded people there, mainly couples, we are looking foraward to our 5th visit in recent years next week. Can't speak for Playa Blanca but we have heard it is quieter still.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
4. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Playa Blanca is quieter than CT but it has infinitely more charm, and still retains it's original fishing harbour, It is quite spread out, but the centre (old town) is compact, and as Delboy says, not far to the Marina.

There are plenty of good restaurants to choose from, and it's not full of Brit type eating places and bars. There are bars with live entertainment, but nothing tacky. It just depends what type of bars you are looking for. We like holidays to be different to what we can get at home, so actively avoid bars that have tribute acts/karaoke etc preferring the view, the Spanish voices and a Spanish feel.

I've stayed in both. The resorts are quite different, so the decision is entirely personal.

Pitlochry Scotland
reviews: 7
5. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Stay at Playa Blanca twice a year and prefer it to Costa Teguise.

Fantastic flat walk on sea front.

Bus runs from one end of Playa Blanca to the other.

Family, couple orientated.

Large choice of resturants.

We are off to Playa Blanca for 3 weeks in 4 weeks time.

Have a lovely time which ever you choose.

Manchester UK
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 75
6. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Playa Blanca whilst being a lovely resort can get very quiet in the evenings, so if watching a band, or having a few late night drinks once or twice is inportant on your Hol, Costa Teguise wins hands down and would certainly be our preference

Happy Holidays

Danny

reviews: 1
7. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Being going to playa blanca for a number of years now used to stay at teguise and discovered playa blanca while out one day in hire car .new instantly that this would be where we would choose from then on .playa blanca has a lovely promenade lined with good restaurants and not so noisy bars .this runs all the way out to marina rubicon which is lovely and worth a visit .market day on wed and sat here is more upmarket than your average ones .playa dorada beach is lovely with views over to fuerteventura and has bars and restaurants close by in thw papagayo centre .teguise is also a lot windier and at times becomes too windy ( not pleasant being whiplashed with sand ) .both nice resorts but playa blanca wins hands down for me happy holidays wherever you decide x

reviews: 1
8. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Being going to playa blanca for a number of years now used to stay at teguise and discovered playa blanca while out one day in hire car .new instantly that this would be where we would choose from then on .playa blanca has a lovely promenade lined with good restaurants and not so noisy bars .this runs all the way out to marina rubicon which is lovely and worth a visit .market day on wed and sat here is more upmarket than your average ones .playa dorada beach is lovely with views over to fuerteventura and has bars and restaurants close by in thw papagayo centre .teguise is also a lot windier and at times becomes too windy ( not pleasant being whiplashed with sand ) .both nice resorts but playa blanca wins hands down for me happy holidays wherever you decide x

Northern Ireland
reviews: 46
9. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Playa Blanca is warmer, les windy and has tons more authenticity and character than CT. My first few years to Lanza were to Puerto del Carmen, then we tried CT once - but only once - and been to Blanca for each of the lst 9 years. I guess that sums up my strong preference for Blanca. Everyone has personal taste. For us, Blanca offers the perfect climate, superb restaurants, stunning traffic free seafront promenade walks for miles and a nice constrast of original harbour town and modern, upscale marina. Nightlife tends to be low key with beautiful restaurants and nice bars - and more lively options if you want.

Enjoy wherever you end up, but for me, no contest - Blanca every time ('though since you've asked this question on the PB forum, I guess we're a bit biased!!).

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 25
10. Re: Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise? Help!!

Need we say more lol

…imageshack.us/img685/930/20130317172547.jpg