We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
reviews: 23
Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

Hello, I have just priced a Fred Olsen ferry for 2 adults at £83 online from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura in April. I was unable to obtain a price for Arman ferries but does anyone know if they are likely to be cheaper?

Also is it better to book beforehan or get a deal whilst there?

Thanks very much

UK
reviews: 15
1. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

We were in Fuerteventura last month and met up with some friends who were staying in Playa Blanca - they came across on the ferry and paid about 20 euros (return) per person so the £83 sounds a bit steep, unless you are paying for a car also.

They booked the tickets at the ferry office at the port, or you could also check with Lastminute Travel who sometimes have special offers available. They did come on the 'slower' of the 2 ferries though so that might explain the price difference.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
2. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

You've not said when you are travelling but €83 does sound expensive for 2 foot passengers. Prices depend on time of day and when you are travelling. I've had a quick look at a couple of dates but not found anything as expensive as that.

Naveria Armas website for you to check their prices. It will be cheaper than going on the express ferry.

http://tinyurl.com/763atkn

Better prices to be had by turning up at the ferry port or by booking with Last Minute travel, when you are in resort.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
reviews: 26
3. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

DONT use Armas and dont use Fred Olsen. Make your way to the port area of PB and you can find smaller companies doing the crossing for €20 return. Its certainly worth the short trip over as Corralejo is a nice town with loads of shops, beach, and bars.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach
reviews: 170
4. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

Yes I agree with the previous poster, there is a compnay at the port and they do ferry returns for 20 euros, the trip is a bit longer than with Fred Olsen or Armas but it's worth saving the money if you are not in a hurry. It's only about 20 minutes longer. They are tourist boats, you can sit up top or inside and they go to exactly the same place. They go 3 times a day from each port, from Lanzarote the first one out is 9:30 the last one back is 17:15 from Corralejo.

Troon, United...
reviews: 58
5. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

What part of the port do they leave from ?

Eastbourne, East...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

Does anyone know what the child prices are for the cheapest crossing and what ages they go up to?

Many thanks,

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
reviews: 26
7. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

You cant miss the small hut where you book for the ferry. Its way before you come to the big Armas offices right at the start of the harbour. You wont miss it dont worry. Far as i remember kids were €10ea.

Newtownards
reviews: 54
8. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

Is it worth the trip across ?

For 4 of us it will set me back € 60 and I think for the price I would like to feel the journey was worth the bother.

newport wales
reviews: 11
9. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

We went across in January and must say we were dissapointed. Playa Blanca is better, but thats just my thoughts.

Eastbourne, East...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura

My husband and I did go last year but decided on the tour of Fuerteventura for 45euros each and it was well worth it, including lunch. Had a great day and visited some interesting and lovely places. Didnt think corralego looked very interesting from travelling through from port on coach after we got off ferry.

This year, however, we are taking our 3 sons to Playa Blanca with us and I think the day trip will be a bit much for them as well as being expensive.

We were considering going to the sand dunes and think the boys will love running about in them but do not think it will be worth it if too expensive for 5 of us.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca