We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling and sea temps.

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
snorkeling and sea temps.

hi all ,this time next month we'll be in playa blanca for a week.me and the wife like to pass a few hours snorkeling, and were wondering if theres much to see around playa blanca. also what will the sea temps. be like ,as we're wondering if we might be best taking our wetsuits..........thanks ..glynn

Lanzarote, Spain
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen, Teguise, San Bartolome
reviews: 149
1. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

Wetsuits would be good, if your really into snorking. I´ve been told the sea is/was around 16c which might sound good but for diving here its a bit cooler than normal. Plenty to see as the sea is nice and clear. enjoy

Keith

sheffield
2. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

just bringing this one up to the front again,as we go next week.even tho the sea sounds nice and clear, is there much sealife to see rather than just a sandy bottom?is there any rocks or plantlife where the fish like to hang around....around the beaches of playa blanca.we'd rather not take our snorkeling gear,taking up precious luggage allowance if theres not really much to go at.........thanks in advance.

Lanzarote, Spain
Destination Expert
3. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

One of the customers in the shop is trying to get me to take a PADI course because of all the things in the sea to see around Lanzarote. Papagayo would be a good place to snorkel, have seen plenty of people over the years there doing it so there must be plenty to see. Without a hire car mind, getting there could be a pain. enjoy

Keith

San Sebastian...
reviews: 40
4. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

Hi!

About the sea temperature right now it's 18ºC, but that is only on the surface so expect a bit lower tempeartures. I would recommend a 3/2 wetisuit if you want to stay longer than 5 minutes in the water.

Anyway this is a link for the weather: http://www.lanzarote.com/weather/

And this is a website with information about the popular diving sites around the island: www.lanzarote-buceo.com/index.php…

Guillermo at Feelfreerentals

sheffield
5. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

thanks for that ; )

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 23
6. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

When in PDC last year we took a day trip on a Catamaran out towards Playa Blanca,and the beaches of Papagayo.

The boat dropped anchor about 50 feet from the shore at Papagayo,and they provided snorkelling equipment.

The water was lovely,calm and clear.I swam all around,and under the boat.Lots of marine life below the water,and spectacular scenery above it.

Don't bother bringing the equipment with you,you will be able to get what you need over there.

Sparky.

sheffield
7. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

ok thanks for your replies,looks like i'll be taking my stuff,even if it means taking a short trip up the coast.

Brighton, England
reviews: 132
8. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

Hi Sparky, if you wouldn't mind, could you please pm me with details of the catamaran trip, as I would love to do some snorkelling? Thank you.

We're flying with Easyjet to Lanza soon, but travelling back with Monarch, who only allow 5 kilos for hand luggage!!!! As we're only staying for 6 days, it's not worth taking a case as well, so no snorkel for me :-(

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 23
9. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

Hi pearlpoppy,

Im on the road at the moment,and using the TA app for my phone,and can't use the pm service,so ill just tell you what I can here.

You can pre-book this trip before you go on the Catlanza website,not sure of the exact address though,or just do as we did,and do it through lastminute when you get there.

The Catamaran leaves from Puerto Calero,but you will be collected from your resort.We were picked up almost outside our apartment,with the bus making a few pick-ups on en-route.

We chose to do the adult only sailing,and it cost €60.00 each.There are 2-3 sailings per day,depending on demand,and peak season.

Included in the price is an open bar,with local beer,wine,sparking wine and also soft drinks.A light lunch is provided too.Pasta,salad and bread.Its simple,but tasty.

The boat leaves PC harbour,and goes right,along the coast towards Playa Blanca.The views are spectacular,so bring your camera.Also plenty of sun cream,as it gets very hot.

The boat drops anchor about 50 feet from the shore at Papagayo,which is again beautiful.A small ladder and slide are lowered from back of boat,and the snorkels and masks are given out.

The water is calm and clear,so lots to see.Also a staff member comes around on a jet ski,and you get to ride it for 5 mins with him piloting the jet ski.

The staff are all really nice and friendly,some Spanish,some British.A really funny English guy is the guide/host for the day.

We had a great day,and plan to do it again when we go back in August,but with the kids this time.

I would recommend bringing a change of clothes,as the captain gives it some welly on the return sail,and anyone sitting on the nets gets soaked.Also bring some money,Puerto Calero is really nice,and chilled.Stay behind after for a beer,taxi back to PDC will only cost about a tenner.

Have a good time Pearl.Let us all know how you get on.

Sparky.

Lanzarote, Spain
Destination Expert
10. Re: snorkeling and sea temps.

Sweet Karoline also also a good day out sailing, all food and drink included plus banana boat, snorkeling and speed boat rides. You can book both trips through Customer Travel or Last minute and get your transfer to Puerto Calero included.

enjoy

Keith