We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

Hello,

We want to hire a small car from Lanzarote airport for 3 days. It's only £48 at Holiday autos, which is a bit suspicious... Have anyone tried their service? Any relevant details would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
1. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

I haven't used them. They are part of the lasminutegroup.com. As they are a broker the fuel policy etc will depend on who the rental is booked with. Unless you are taking the car back to the airport, check whether there is an extra fee for dropping off in a different location.

London, United...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

Thanks for your prompt response. It seems that a car can actually be booked with them: http://www.holidayautos.co.uk We are going to drive it back to the airport, so shouldn't be any problems with dropping off. The only thing that worries me is their poor reviews on the internet: http://goo.gl/GEJuv

But those are general, so does not necessarily apply to Lanzarote..?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
3. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

Taken from their website

< holiday autos acts as a car rental broker and agent for various independent rental companies in the countries in which it operates. >

I don't know which company they use in Lanzarote.

I agree they have had some bad reviews.

Brighton, England
reviews: 119
4. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

If you haven't already booked, why not look at booking online with Autoreisen or Ocarcanarias? You'll end up with an Autoreisen booking whoever you use :-) but they do vary in charges. We've used both companies and they've been fine. Have a lovely holiday!

Larne
reviews: 19
5. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

Hi,

I have used Pluscar and Autoreisen and can say that the service and cars were fine and resonably priced. Never any problems and you pay only when you arrive at the airport prior to collecting your car.

Hope you have a great time, cant wait until January until we go out!

Tom

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
6. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

We have used Cabrera Medina for years. Same as Autoreisen, prebook on the internet and pay on picking up at the airport. No hidden extras.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 33
7. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

Hi Kyiver

I have used Holiday Autos they are only facilitators / booking agents

I would also recommend Autoreisen.

We always use them and they always have the best value

www.arcarhire.com/car-hire/car-hire.php

3 days in Dec £ 39.00 3 days in Jan £37.50

Also you can access their office in the airport from the luggage collection area which saves time, while one person collects the bags the other can do the paperwork for the car-hire

Vales

8. Re: Holiday autos in Lanzarote?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 27, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca