We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDC in mid-June - weather and dining advice, please?

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 15
PDC in mid-June - weather and dining advice, please?

What will the weather be like? Will the water be warm enough in the ocean for swimmming? do I need a jacket for evenings? Shorts during day okay?

also - any advice on dining out very much appreciated. We have an apartment in PDC near the harbor and would prefer not to drive. Like all kinds of food, but generally prefer places where locals might go (versus tourist traps) and budget to moderate eats (versus high-end expensive dining).

thanks.

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 22
1. Re: PDC in mid-June - weather and dining advice, please?

Can give you a few recommendations in the Old Town for dining.

1. Bodegon (sp). A tapas bar, rather bizarrely run by a welsh couple. As you come down Calle Reina Sofia you cross straight over the crossroads and its located on the right opposite the lottery shop.

2. Down at the harbour front is La Lonja which is a large separate building with a fish shop (pescadaria) included. Look for the Tapas for 2 on the starters list. Great value at 12E for 2 people and was plenty for a meal on its own if you´re not big eaters.

3. Not been myself, but Emma´s Cantina gets very good reviews if you fancy some Mexican while here.

People are already swimming in the sea, but as to whether its warm enough I wouldn´t know. Bizarrely the wife and I aren´t beach people. Alwasy worth bringing a light jacket with you as the breeze can make it cooler in the evenings sometimes.

Sure I´ll think of some others, but thats a start.

2. Re: PDC in mid-June - weather and dining advice, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, November 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca