We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

We have booked a 2 bedroomed villa on this complex (Emilia). Has anyone stayed here. Can you tell me if the villas are very overlooked? Any info would be a help.

Thanks

UK
reviews: 29
1. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Hi Karen

We havent stayed there but we stayed in a villa just up the road and walked past this complex every night.

It loooks like a small gated community. It is possible that you will be overlooked a little as there are probably 40 or more villas in the complex although the villa's over there tend to have walls to stop this.

The complex is set around 15 minutes walk from the town in a quiet spot. They looked nice and well kept to me.

Manchester
2. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Great thanks for your help. I am sure it will be fine.

UK
reviews: 29
3. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

If you are s/c in a Villa be careful which supermarkets you choose. There is a main one in Playa Blanca which sells everything and is reasonable value. It is set back from the town but I cant remember its name. All the others are Netto/Spar types and can be a bit more expensive. Taxi's cost around 3 euro back and too to town but it is walkable in 15 mins.

Manchester
4. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Thanks for the info, I can't wait now, it sounds like it will be a nice walk down into Playa Blanca. Just a week to go. I hope the weather is good.

Regards

Coventry, United...
reviews: 43
5. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Hi,

We are a regular of PDR and stay in a villa called Casa Arabella. It's a great little complex in a great location, you'll love it!

LJL

Manchester
6. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Thanks everyone, this has been a big help.

Angus, Scotland
reviews: 12
7. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

HI there, we have stayed parque del rey twice. It is about 10-15 mins walk into the centre of Playa Blanca and a 2 min walk to the nearest shop (small local) the villas are occupied by both tourists and locals residents. It is a lovely safe clean area. The first time we stayed in villa Mateo, which was a lovely, it had 2 bedrooms and everything you could think of (would definately stay again)including a heated pool.

We tried to book it for our next visit but unfortunately it was fully booked so we booked Villa Maisie, which was originally the same as villa Mateo but the owners had extended the villa and to be honest it was tired looking but the owners were trying to sell it so obviously did not want to spend money on it.

With regards to the villas being overlooked some have pools to the front and some to the rear. If the pool is to the front you will be overlooked by people walking/driving passed- unless there are plants etc blocking the view - but to be honest there is not much passing traffic and the area uses a one way system. There are also villa on either side but they have large walls between them.

Hope this helps

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 3
8. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

We have just stayed at number 11 Parque del Rey, please be warned not to stay in this villa. It was very dirty and not up to the spec of the other villas around it. I have tried to complain to the owner, but they haven't replied to any of my emails.

I can send you pictures if you are considering staying here. We were so disappointed.

Lanzarote
reviews: 14
9. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Oh dear so sorry to hear your experience on Parque Del Rey was not a good one, its such a shame, just to let people know that these villas are individually owned (we have number 2) and not all cleaned by the same person.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 3
10. Re: Parque Del Rey, Playa Blanca

Yes sorry I should have mentioned that this is a privately owned villa and definitely the worst one on the estate. Most of the other villas look lovely and well maintained.

Here is a copy of the email I sent to the owner Elena and never got a reply! She was very quick to reply when we booked it asking for money! I would have at the very least expected a reply!

Subject: Casa Morgana

Hi Elena,

I hope this email finds you well.

I just wanted to let you know that we were rather disappointed with the standard of accommodation at Casa Morgana.

When we arrived we found it hadn’t been cleaned very thoroughly from the previously guests. We found lots of litter all over the apartment, things out of place and even an old tea bag in the bin! There was mold on some items in the bathroom such as the bathmat and toothbrush holder and the leftover items from previous guests were littered everywhere (just left messily in the cupboards) and not really very appealing to use.

For the money we paid we would expect to have a good standard of amenities such as sets of cups, glasses etc. However all we found was a lots of individual pieces, only 2 cups and 2 glasses were the same and there were no tumblers just a Stella beer pint glass. We would also expect the apartment to be clean, this was not the case at all and I actually spent a few hours cleaning and dusting things myself.

Lastly the pool was very dirty and murky. We did mention this to your maintenance staff, who endeavoured to correct the situation. The whole point of getting a pool villa was to get our baby used to the water, but we only felt comfortable that it was clean enough to take her into the pool on our last day!

I have enclosed some pictures for your reference. These photos are taken as we found things. I am sure you would agree that they are not very pleasing photos and not of a standard you would expect to find on your holiday.

We really feel that for the money we paid at this time of year, which is effectively low season, we would have expected a much higher standard of accommodation, amenties and cleanliness.

I thought I should let you know.

Kind regards,

Emma

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca