We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire from Ibiza Airport

Which Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naas, Ireland
Car hire from Ibiza Airport

Hi,

Going to Ibiza in June with my wife and two teenage daughters. We hope to rent a car for the week. We got a very good quote from a website called "doyouspain.com. Has anybody heard of this Company. It was the best price we got.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
London, England
reviews: 59
1. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

Don't touch them. There are long negative threads about them here on TA. Most people (including myself) don't have anything good to say about them.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
reviews: 84
2. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

I use them twice a year and have done for many years. People don't read the T&Cs and use the web site correctly. They are a broker. You can choose your fuel policy, which companies you want quotes from and whether or not they are on or off the airport.

London, England
3. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

whitcop

I do read T%Cs carefully and any other pitfalls that there may be. I rent cars abroad in different countries 4 or 5 times a year. The problem I had with DoYouSpain was that I had booked online and their policy was/is to change the supplier if you would prefer another one.

I asked to do this and they ignored my request. I sent various emails and received no reply. In the end I cancelled my booking with them and booked elsewhere. I booked direct with a car hire company in Ibiza, got a good price, good service and no problem with fuel policy.

I am sure that there are many satisfied customers like yourself, but there are literally hundreds of complaints on various forums that have very negative comments from people who have used them. When you have a choice, why not go to somebody else. At the end of the day they are brokers, so it is quite likely you can find a similar or better deal than they are offering.

Corringham, Essex
4. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

I always use DoYouSpain as they are the cheapest and I have never had a problem with them. I travel to Ibiza twice every year and use them every time

Corringham, Essex
5. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

I always use DoYouSpain as they are the cheapest and I have never had a problem with them. I travel to Ibiza twice every year and use them every time

London, England
6. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

nadriney

DoYouSpain are a car broker and use various car hire companies. You must be one of the lucky ones, because if you do a search about them on TA you will find hundreds of complaints about them.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

Hermanaeriza

I am also looking for car hire and should be grateful to know from whom you hired.

Edited: 11:14 am, August 18, 2013
Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

I am also looking for car hire and should be grateful to know from whom you hired.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

Not heard of them, but please be carefull as the car hire companies in Ibiza can be very devious.

Recently returned from there after a 6 day break, and even though we booked via a company (Auto-Europe) that came up on the Moneysavingexpert site, it turned into a ver expensive 6 days.... the original price of £106 via the Auo-Europe site ( they turned out to be car hire brokers... who are supposed to find you the best deal) which included their insurance "up-grade" to protect the deposit most Spanish car hire firms request... eventually turned into a £321 bill..... the original £106 we paid upfront, then at the car hire desk ( a company called GOLDCAR) the full tank of petrol @ €86 of which they want the car returned empty, which is difficult if your only there for 6 days and doing little mileage.... so we returned it half full ( no refund) .... plus the extra insurance which they said you needed as the one we had bought did not cover everything.... another €75.... the extra insurance covered those important things like windscreen chips and and lost keys and tyre damage.... then there was the additional charge (€30.58) for arriving at the check put desk late (after 11pm) even though we did arrive at the office over an hour before that, but due to the enormous delays took an hour or so to be seen too .All this coupled with the local tax resulted in an additional bill of £221 waiting for us when we arrived home... So renter beware..... I think your better off going with the more established renters (Hertz/ Avis) whose costs are up front. Plus they are "on airport" and not a bus drive away.... which when you have 30 people with only a 12 seater bus..... not a good start to the holiday.....

Edited: 9:46 am, September 13, 2013
Warrington, United...
reviews: 15
10. Re: Car hire from Ibiza Airport

Anybody know how to get hold of doyouspain to complain? Its impossible to find.

Reply to: Car hire from Ibiza Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sant Antoni de Portmany