We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

Which Achill Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

I just wanted to point out the new 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature which you can find on the right hand side of the Achill Island Forum.

These are the questions most commonly asked about Achill Island and you can check them out for information when planning your trip or visit.

As more people post on this brand new Achill Island Forum, I'll add their insights and recommendations to the 'Top questions' feature for easy reference.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Meath, County Louth
reviews: 159
1. Re: New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

TAPL

You have to be commended and acknowledged for your dedication to TA and you certainly put the rest of us to shame. From a quick trip around a random selection of the other Irish fora - you are the only DE who has hit the ground running with the new format.

Your top questions for Achill and Dublin are a wonderful addition to the Irish fora and should save a lot of time and hastle for visitors to the site. All the basics (and more) are there in an easy to use format.

Better get my act together!

Congratulations and hope you haven't neglected Mrs Tapl in the process.

2. Re: New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, August 08, 2009
Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
reviews: 35
3. Re: New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

Tapl, your pointers to Achill Island are spot on including the 'far flung' description that Achill is remote from other places and is a wonderful place to go to chill out. Definately not a day trip experience in my view.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

Thanks, Little Pumpkin but I'm not the only one posting these Top Questions - I see that there's quite a few already on the Ireland Forums.

It really doesn't take very long to set these up and it's well worth if it avoids having to keep reposting the same answers to frequently asked questions over and over. There's been quite a bit of feedback from forum users so far and it's been very positive.

Dublin, Ireland
5. Re: New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

Thanks, Cavan007. It's the remoteness that I love (and the handy absence of a sea-crossing!).

6. Re: New 'Top questions about Achill Island' feature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Achill Island