We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from Puerto Plata airport to Luperon Beach Resort

Which Luperon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
transfer from Puerto Plata airport to Luperon Beach Resort

Hello,

I am planning to go on a vacation to Luperon Beach Resort. However, I will be flying to the Puerto Plata airport? I was wondering if you guys could suggest the best way to get to the resort from the airport? Like taxis, or any available bus shuttles?

Thanks in advance!

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 6
1. Re: transfer from Puerto Plata airport to Luperon Beach Resort

Hi xbtcmdx,

As you are asking about transfers from POP airport to your resort I presume you are not on a package where your transfer shuttle is included.

Taxis are available right outside the airport arrivals and as of last year the prices to Luperon were $US90 as it is a roughly a 80/90 minute ride away.

Angie.

NYC
2. Re: transfer from Puerto Plata airport to Luperon Beach Resort

I'm booking the package from orbitz.com but i dont think the transfer is included.

at the checkout page, orbitz does offer some shuttle services but i'm not sure if that's the best option? its $30 one way and its by cocotours.

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 6
3. Re: transfer from Puerto Plata airport to Luperon Beach Resort

Hi xbtcmdx,

Well its certainly the cheapest option by adding your shuttle service on the checkout page with orbitz that would work out $60 return where the price for the airport taxi of $90 is only one way.

Angie.

NYC
4. Re: transfer from Puerto Plata airport to Luperon Beach Resort

thanks angie.

i was also thinking of booking the airport transfer through orbitz as well but i looked it up on the internet and it doesnt seem like thats how everyone got to the resort because there aren't any reviews for it.

im hoping there will be some answers from people who booked through orbitz as well, i would like to know how they got to the resort from the airport. :)

5. Re: transfer from Puerto Plata airport to Luperon Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 06, 2010