We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flies!

Which Roquetas de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockport, United...
Flies!

Is there a problem with flies in Roquetas?

15 replies to this topic
essex england
reviews: 27
11. Re: Flies!

it all depends if they have sprayed and killed the eggs from bushes and trees

leics
reviews: 3
12. Re: Flies!

Stayed in Roquetas 20 years ago in late june the flies were awful, not single ones but thousands, impossible to eat outside, and all drinks were served with a beer mat as a cover to stop the little s~~~~ds going in your glass, best selling item in the shops FLY SWATTERS , was thinking of going back this year but reading latest reviews don't think i will bother, such a shame it really is a lovely resort.

Los Alcazares, Spain
reviews: 36
13. Re: Flies!

Living a bit up the Spanish coast but having spent a fair bit of time in Roquetas, in October last year then again in December/January just gone, I can comment objectively as follows:-

October - horrendous numbers of flies, at you as soon as you step out of the door not just when eating/relaxing. This has permanently put us off returning in the summer months, which is a shame because the area has a great deal going for it otherwise.

December/January - literally never saw a fly and had a very enjoyable time, particularly given that the weather was fantastic throughout.

I don't know where the flies come from, local wisdom seems to suggest that it is to do with what happens in and around the plastics at certain times of the year. Certainly there are nothing like the same numbers of flies in the Mar Menor area, despite there also being a lot of agriculture here. Much of the stuff here is grown out in the open which may be a factor.

I wasn't going to post on this topic despite having been able to make the comparisons outlined above, but as it has reared its head again......

Iver, United Kingdom
reviews: 2
14. Re: Flies!

We stayed there in June and the flies were all much smaller than we get at home and seemed to move faster and very persistent. Someone on here said they were fruit flies I don't know as I'm no expert. But they definitely exist.

Iver, United Kingdom
reviews: 2
15. Re: Flies!

We stayed there in June and the flies were all much smaller than we get at home and seemed to move faster and very persistent. Someone on here said they were fruit flies I don't know as I'm no expert. But they definitely exist.

Reply to: Flies!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Roquetas de Mar