We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Several questions

Which Bagni di Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nova scotia
reviews: 6
Several questions

Our family of five will be touring Italy early in May. We prefere to seek out the "roads less traveled" so will be renting a car and staying in a rental villa in the Tuscany countryside. Bagni Di Lucca looks like a beautiful place to stop. What would be the highlights we should not miss, where could we park our car, is there public swimming in May or any way to experience the thermal springs, and where in the river can you swim? Thanks for any info!

3 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 2
1. Re: Several questions

Well first of all its great that you want to look at "Roads less Traveled".. or as I prefer to say away from the Tuscany tourist heard ....

The Bagni di Lucca area is perfect for that offering a great place to relax and base yourselves to see Tuscany. Of course some will always prefer the south but not me.

You can also take advantage of being in a location that not only will get you on the motorway within 30 minutes to other parts of Tuscany but also you are close enough to get quick connections to Florence via Lucca. You can either take the Bagni di Lucca Train to Lucca and change or a favourite with my family is drive to Lucca and by doing so take advantage of the safe car parking at the train station and the more frequent trains leaving Lucca.

You can also save around 30% for like for like properties here too. A quick search for march found a great selection of private pool+wifi +4bedrooms for around £645/$999 for a week.

Highlights include visiting Devils bridge and visiting the lost in time villages of Lima Valley. Parking is not an issue in Bagni. Too my mind the thermal open baths open at the beginning of June and not in May.However the indoor thermal baths are open

Ask at Bagni di Lucca tourist office where best river swimming areas are

Makes me wat to plan my own Tuscany trip this year... though the family is looking at disney land...MAMA MIA!!

toscana
reviews: 17
2. Re: Several questions

I personally do not know Bagni di Lucca although I live in Tuscany.

In Tuscany there are lots of natural Terme (Spa) and Bagni di Lucca is one.

You will find it open all year round:

http://www.termebagnidilucca.it/en/orari.html

There is a swimming pool (piscina comunale)in B. di L. which should not be confused with piscina termale, which is thermal pool (spa).

The indoor piscina comunale is open all year round but the outdoor one normally open in June. You should check it

PISCINE COMUNALI http://www.piscine-comunali.com

Tel 0039058387466

You are mentioning to swim in the river....here is what I found.

http://www.piandifiume.it/en/

apparently here they have rafting and canoeing courses but you should check as May is still a bit too cold for this kind of sports :)

In my opinion a day or two visit to Lucca should be a must.

Lucca is one of my favorite town. You can hire the bicycles at the Tourist Office in Piazzale Verdi and then cycle around the walls and into the city.

I live in the southern part of Tuscany and I can suggest this area for your next holidays. -:)

Enjoy your journey.

Bagni di Lucca...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Several questions

River Swimming near Bagni di Lucca

…wordpress.com/2011/…

Reply to: Several questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bagni di Lucca