We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Which Pythagorion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 31
What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Hi there. From what I have read on this forum, I think this is the town we would like to stay in next September, close to the airport and close to the harbour for tours to Ephesus and Patmos ( Is that right ? )....or do the tours run more often from Vathy? However, I was wondering if you could tell me what nice 3 - 4 star Hotel/ B&B you can recommend that is central so that we can walk to the beach and walk for dinner and coffees etc. Don't really want to stay in the resort type places as they are all away from the harbour as we won't have a car.

Waltham Abbey...
reviews: 74
1. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Hi, we stayed at the Princessa. It is out of town but they provide a free bus 7 times a day into town.We upgraded and had decent rooms. The beach is shared with another hotel. It is a 2 minute down hill walk and in a small bay. I hope this helps you.

Blackburn, United...
reviews: 3
2. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Hi Zezz and welcome to the Samos forum

For a chilled but basic holiday quite close to the centre of Pythagorio but near to the airport etc, have a look at Studios Anthis which always get good reviews. There is a tool that you can use which gives you a free guide to Pythagorio on this page which should give you other ideas.

Personally, I always stay at the Hotel Aeolis in Samos Town which has a slightly business like feel to it. There is a pool on the roof top and great views of the ferries entering and leaving the port.

Tours to Patmos tend to leave from Pythagorio and trips to Ephesus from Samos Town. If you are going to be staying for two weeks you need to base your decision upon good accommodation as taxis between Pythagorio and Samos Town are only 15 euros each way and it's not such a long journey.

Feel free to ask any other questions once you have had a look at the Guide.

AtlanticRover

Denmark, Europe
reviews: 14
3. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

AtlanticRovr - if you are in Pythagorion this summer, we may meet for a fruity cocktail at Gregory's ?! I'll be in town from 16. to 30 June ! YAY !!!

Bristol
reviews: 32
4. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Ahh Gregory's cocktails - transports me back to beautiful Pythagorion. The best cocktails in town and Gregory himself is a lovely friendly man.

We had a lovely 2 weeks at the Anthis which is basic but really nice.

London, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Hi Atlantic Rover,

the link to the Anthis seems to be broken.

Could you please re-post it ?

thanks

Yorkshire Dales
reviews: 15
6. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

HAHAHA! Zezz! I suggested you post a new thread about accom and the Anthis is mentioned....... which is where I stayed!

It's a small world! :O) :O).

Edited: 4:18 pm, June 11, 2012
Yorkshire Dales
7. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

There are some studios above one of the restaurants along the harbour front as we met some Danish people who were staying there.

Does any one know which taverna it is?

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 31
8. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Thanks Creteaholic. I have posted a few times on different threads and no real answer. I think that most people stay at those resorts. I really don't want to walk that far at night time and prefer my money to go directly to the Hotel / B&B owner..... so will keep reading this forum and hope someone out there will eventually post some favourable remarks about the accommodation inner harbour. I will read and reread the individual Hotel / B&B reviews on here, too.

Looking forward to reading any other excapades you and your OH got up to!

Yorkshire Dales
9. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Zezz. Have you looked at this as some places seem to be close to the harbour.?

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotels-g644219-c2-Pythago…

Yorkshire Dales
10. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

.....and this. ( Don't know what the prices are like though)

samaina-hotel-samos.com/location-samaina.htm