We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nikos apartments

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nikos apartments

Hi all, I'm new to the stalis forum & wondered if anyone could give me some feedback on both the nikos apartments & the weather early September? Myself & my 2 sisters are booked to go 6/9 for a week & it has been many years since we were last in Crete (have been going to Egypt but fancy a change) Any feedback/recommendations would be much appreciated!

somerset
1. Re: Nikos apartments

Hi Drum

The Nikos Apts are situated up a lane off the main road and within 10 mins walk of the beach road and resort centre. To get to the centre you would walk down the lane and cross the main road or walk through the underpass. Plenty of good restaurants & bars etc within 10 mins or so as well as the main beach, so you won't have too far walk in to the main attractions of Stalis.

Insofar as the weather, we always stay in Stalis for the first 2 weeks of Sept and will, in fact, be there the same time as you this year. The weather is warm and sunny and very good at this time of year. Generally clear skies but with the odd day of some cloud rolling over from the mountain behind in the afternoon. But, on many days, blue sky for the whole day.

Hope you have as good a time in Stalis and Crete as we always do.

2. Re: Nikos apartments

Hi npj60

Thank you for your response, we are counting the sleeps to our holiday! We are really looking forward to it.

Ive read the reviews of the Nikos Apartments and they seem quite positive do u know if this is the case?

Glad we are going the same time, might bump into you, if you see 3 Scottish wummin laffing all the time that's us!

somerset
3. Re: Nikos apartments

I can't say that I know much about the apartments other than their location in Stalis but the reviews, in general, appear good from people who have stayed there so that's always a good sign. So I reckon you will be ok there.

I will look out for 3 Scottish "wee hens" when in Stalis in Sept. If you wear a tartan flower each on the top of your heads then you will be easier for me to spot!

We spend quite a bit of time during the daytime at the Edem Bar along the beach road, so if you make your way there we may very well bump into you. Also, we spend time at Dwyers and Beachcomber Bar evenings/night as they both have some of the best live music in Stalis - both of these are along the beach road.

Any other info you want on Stalis and surrounding area, including some good restaurants/tavernas to eat in, then please feel free to ask.

4. Re: Nikos apartments

You may regret telling us your whereabouts during your holiday lol!

Anyhoo, any advice on eats & drinks is very much appreciated. The idea of live music sounds right up our street & we shall give the places you mentioned a wee visit.

One other question is it quite easy to get a taxi from where we are? Don't mind the walk in but probably prefer a taxi home.

somerset
5. Re: Nikos apartments

We won't regret it as we like meeting new people on holiday.

There are two taxi ranks along the beach road in Stalis, one across the road from Maria's Golden Beach Restaurant and one outside the Anthoussa Hotel, both these are "landmark" points along the beach road so take a walk along the road on your first day and you will pinpoint them. Though it really isn't too far back so you may decide you don't need a taxi (personal choice of course).

Stalis has a wide choice of good restaurants & tavernas in which to enjoy an evening meal to start the night off. The aforementioned Maria's along the beach road is one as is Kostas Golden Beach towards the other end of the beach road. Our favourite is Hellas Taverna up a side street from the beach road by Maria's. Easy to get to from Nikos Apts - down lane and across main road - turn right and walk parallel with main road for 3-4 mins - turn left down side street and Hellas is there on the right decked out in blue & white. Try Hellas on Monday & Friday evenings as they have greek dancing in the street at around 9pm with traditional live greek music - though get there around 8pm to secure a table as it is very popular on these evenings.

Two others to try are Jasmine House Chinese right in the centre of Stalis along the beach road and Katerina which is up a side street opposite Anthoussa Hotel and then one min on the right as you go up. Many others but just take a stroll along the beach road and see what takes your fancy.

Hope this gives you some good ideas as a starting point for places to go for a meal and a drink. We are already counting down the days til 1st Sept and our annual holiday in Stalis.

6. Re: Nikos apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Stalis