We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stalis in August....

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 2
stalis in August....

Hi there, my boyfriend and I are thinking of going here for two weeks in August.

We dont want to be in a busy 18-30's resort like malia but do want some nightlife and be able to eat traditional greek food and cocktails. Not really up for anything too tacky so if anyone can advise us that would be great....

I am 29 and he is 45 if that helps.

Thanks

reviews: 1
1. Re: stalis in August....

I think stalis would suit your needs we are also going in August and there are plenty of great places to eat and enjoy cocktails

Malia, Greece
2. Re: stalis in August....

Stalis would suit you both there is plenty to do live music and nice clean beaches, fantastic places to eat good traditional food.

somerset
3. Re: stalis in August....

As the above replies say, it sounds like Stalis would be just right for you. It has a nice relaxed laid back atmosphere suitable for couples but has plenty of life with its wide choice of bars, restaurants & tavernas.

Lovely long sandy beach, good transport links and a great choice of accom options. I'd recommend self catering so that you can enjoy the restaurants & tavernas Stalis has to offer.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: stalis in August....

Thanks all sooo much for your contributions. Really helpful!!!!! Will it still be ok going here in the summer even though there are economic issues in Greece?

Bit worried about this but really wanna go to greece. We usually go to Benalmadena in the summer and wanted a little change.

We will definatly be self catering as we love to eat out and sample local food! Any bar/resturant recomendations would be fab!!!

Thanks

Rosanna

NORTHUMBERLAND
reviews: 22
5. Re: stalis in August....

Hi Rosanna. We will be going to Stalis again in August. We have Greek friends who tell us not to panic about the situation there.We also have a friend who is married to a Greek and she says things are fine. Nothing much has changed and Stalis is still very open for buisness!!!This is one of the best resorts I have stayed in and never usually return as frequently as we do to Stalis but we love it so much.Hope you enjoy your holiday as I know we will. Kim

Manchester, United...
reviews: 16
6. Re: stalis in August....

Hi Rosanna

I would advise you not to worry about the economic situation in Greece - it will be months before anything changes, if indeed anything does change :o)

Regarding restaurant recommendations, I would say you won't go far wrong if you work your way through the top 14 restaurants as listed on TA - I think I've eaten in all of them. If you find a place that you really love, you can always go back to it.

It's difficult to recommend bars without knowing whether you're into quizzes, bingo and karaoke (to be found at the Rovers Return, the Red Lion, the Robin Hood and Pegasus - apologies if I've forgotten any!), live music (the Kaliana, the Rovers Return, Dwyers, Irish House, Beachcomber), or just sitting and chatting and people-watching (which you can do anywhere) :o) That's the thing about Stalis - it's got something for pretty much everybody!

Hope this helps,

Cass

somerset
7. Re: stalis in August....

There are so many restaurants/tavernas to recommend in Stalis, but I will just name two of my particular favourites - Hellas Taverna ans Katerina, both of which are traditional greek tavernas located up side streets from the beach road.

Insofar as bars, if you like good live music then two mentioned above, Dwyers and Beachcomber are highly recommended. The former really starts to come alve at around 11pm and closes around 3am and the latter has a lovely holiday atmosphere, great cocktails and music in the open air.

Foe relaxing during the daytime I would recommend the Edem Bar. A great spot along the beach to sit with a drink in your hand gazing out over the beach and sea.

Edinburgh, United...
8. Re: stalis in August....

Hi!!!!!

thanks so much for all your advise, for bars in the evening we would be looking for somewhere we can get a bit glammed up for and have a few cocktails? Is there anywhere like this in stalis?

Thanks for all the resturant recomendations.....I LOVE greek food and imagine that I will come back about half a stone heavier!

Also this may be a daft question but with wifi in apartments will my laptop work if I wanted to watch a tv show or something for my boyfy while I get ready?

Not many apartments we have looked at have any tv and he gets a bit bored waiting about on me.

I have looked at lots of apartments and really not sure what one to go for so any advice about this would be great also!

Thanks so much and have a lovely day! x

somerset
9. Re: stalis in August....

Hi there

Have a look at the recent thread titled "Accom advice?" on the Stalis Forum.

There are plenty of self catering apartment options given there. Have a look at those mentioned and see what you think. Any further advice on any that take your fancy, then please come back on and ask.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 16
10. Re: stalis in August....

There's a bar/restaurant that's newly opened this season called ocean - lovely inside and an extensive cocktail menu. that could be worth getting glammed up for :o)

the thing is, you can get glammed up any night in stalis and you won't look out of place or get funny looks or anything, if you know what I mean. it's entirely up to you how glam you go - although in my experience the Greeks seem to appreciate it when people make a bit of an effort for an evening out!

as regards WiFi, I would have thought most apartments have it now - I can only say for definite that the Knossos studios do (where I stayed this year and last). if it's important, I'd recommend that you contact any apartments before you book. I know WiFi was a godsend for my other half when he was waiting for me to get ready! lol. loads of bars also have free WiFi.

Cass

Get answers to your questions about Stalis