We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Seville, Spain to La Garde-Freinet

Which La Garde-Freinet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 3
Travel from Seville, Spain to La Garde-Freinet

I'm planning to visit in September. Is it cheaper to travel by plane or train? Is it better to buy tickets once in Europe, or should I get them before I leave the US?

Thanx!

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Travel from Seville, Spain to La Garde-Freinet

Ryanair flies from Seville to Marseille for €21 (plus luggage and other fees). If you prefer a real airline, Vueling flies from Seville to Nice via Barcelona for €110 and up. See www.skyscanner.net

It is 1000 miles from Seville to La Garde-Freinet. A train journey would take all day, require multiple changes, and cost far more than a budget airline.

As with all air travel, book as soon as possible.

Antibes, France
2. Re: Travel from Seville, Spain to La Garde-Freinet

Internal flights within Spain are relatively cheap and i would certainly fly Seville- Barcelona. Therafter you have a choice of train - around 7 hours and usually 2 changes- to St Raphael - nearest staion ( then bus). Or Easyjet or Veuling budget airline to Nice and bus ( there is one from Nice Airport) or train to St Raphael.

Ed

Chicago, IL
reviews: 3
3. Re: Travel from Seville, Spain to La Garde-Freinet

Thank you so much. You provided helpful information and advice.

Surrey UK
reviews: 4
4. Re: Travel from Seville, Spain to La Garde-Freinet

The only railway station from which there's a direct link to La Garde Freinet appears to be Les Arcs - Draguignan. This is on the main line Marseilles-St Raphael-Cannes-Nice and is quite well served, including by some TGVs (= High-Speed Trains). The problem is the onward journey. The bus service is sparse, as is usually the case in France outside the main centres. Here's the link:

varlib.fr/cg83/Horaires_des_lignes_du_reseau…

You need to click on route no 7202.

You might be able to find a taxi to take you. It should cost less from Les Arcs than from St Raphael, but it won't be cheap ( around €200 one way at a guess). The best way to La Garde Freinet, sadly, is to hire a car at your arrival airport. Marseilles and Nice are both fine, but Toulon is nearer, though it has a much more restricted range of flight destinations.

Reply to: Travel from Seville, Spain to La Garde-Freinet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Garde-Freinet