We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

Which Santa Elena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Castro Valley...
Level Contributor
69 posts
32 reviews
Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

Hello, my family will be in the area in July. We will be with two 9 year olds and a 7 year old. Was wondering which would be a better tour: The Sky Walk (Sky Trek in Monteverde) or The Hanging Bridges in Arenal. How do they differ/compare? Thank you for any help.

Hammond, Louisiana
10 posts
1. Re: Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

Im curious about how your trip turned out cause we are going in dec and going to bothe arena and monteverde. how was sky adventures? also, what was the best thing you did?

Hammond, Louisiana
10 posts
2. Re: Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

My finanee and i are going in Dec, could you help me with some planning? Id really appreciate it.

Curious about how you found Sky Adventures?

can you suggest a hotel?'

what was the best excursion experience? either arena; or monteverde

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

This story is in Tico Times today and gives some insight to one hotel in Arenal

Here on trip advisor you'll find links for each area and a list of hotels and activities for each area...

Lots of reviews by hundreds of different travellers all with different likes and dislikes .. you'll get a really good feel for all the places to stay and things to do with what you'll find right here on TA

Here's the link for Arenal area lodging

The Sky Trek Tram and Zipline in Arenal are great fun and awesome scenery... book ahead of time to make sure you have a spot .. The hanging bridges are also a must do if you are in Monteverde.

Doing a search of the forums for the areas you'll be visiting will also give you results for previous discussions... some folks here have their favorites and recommend them over and over, but in my opinion it's better to read the reviews from folks after they have visited ...

Edited: 8:43 am, August 18, 2014
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

Both Arenal and Monteverde have excursions and I don't think you will be disappointed in any of them.

For some great information about the Arenal area, www.arenal.net and www.fortunawelcome.com There is lodging of all sorts and all prices. Keep in mind that things are pretty spread out in the Arenal area so choosing a hotel may depend on whether you have a rental car or not. This is a great map of the area: costa-rica-guide.com/travel-map/arenal-fortu…

For the Monteverde area, check out www.monteverdeinfo.com

Keep in mind that although they look close on the map, they are at least 3 hours apart. The best way to travel between the two if you don't have a car is using the taxi-boat-taxi. A taxi picks you up at your hotel and takes you to Lake Arenal where a boat will take you across the Lake. Another taxi picks you up on the other side and takes you to your hotel in that area.

Hammond, Louisiana
10 posts
5. Re: Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

Yea, I have been and i think you're right. so many people are there for different reasons and reading why they like or don't like rooms or excursions is def the way to go. hmm the hanging bridges.... We will be in Monteverde for the last 2 days of the trip. well really the first day will only be about half because we are doing jeep boat jeep and won't get there till about 1. maybe the bridges would be a good thing on that day or what do you think? We are doing Extremo the second day...Tooootally ready for the swing extreme, mile long superman zip and the bungee...before we leave.

Hammond, Louisiana
10 posts
6. Re: Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

Yes Great Map Thank You! Actually for all the links thank you.

7. Re: Sky Walk or Hanging Bridges Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, September 27, 2015