We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport options to Monteverde - Manuel Antonio

Which Santa Elena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 208
Transport options to Monteverde - Manuel Antonio

I need to get from Santa Elena to Manuel Antonio in a few days time. What are my options? I can only find public bus options that go via San Jose and take 8 hours! Do you know of other public bus options?

If I have to get a shuttle, are they all the same price or is there a good budget option?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
1. Re: Transport options to Monteverde - Manuel Antonio

There are no direct buses from Monteverde to Quepos/manuel antonio. So no matter how you slice it if you do the public bus on that route its is going to be a long haul. you basically have 2 choices. The route that you mention backtracks to San Jose. or else you can take the bus from Monteverde to Puntarenas and there transfer to a bus to Quepos...still about 8 hours because of connecting times etc..

As for shuttles, a good starting point to see what is available might be Anywhere Costa Rica's website.

anywherecostarica.com/transportation/search…

Or if that doesn't work. http://tinyurl.com/mo5gfbv

But then ask around because some shuttles might have better reputations or there may actually be other options or people may know that a certain company is not as reliable etc....

Pura vida

Raquel

Edited: 12:39 pm, March 11, 2014
Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Transport options to Monteverde - Manuel Antonio

Check with Interbus:

www.interbusonline.com

San Jose, California
reviews: 1
3. Re: Transport options to Monteverde - Manuel Antonio

We're using Interbus and they were reasonably priced, about $50 I think. Their website is clear and easy to make reservations. They'll pick you up at your hotel and drop off at your next hotel. We're doing the same trip on Thursday.

Southern California
reviews: 19
4. Re: Transport options to Monteverde - Manuel Antonio

We're going to be doing the same thing in a few months. Just wanted to know what you thought of Interbus, or did you use Grayline? Would love to hear about your experience. Thanks!

Reply to: Transport options to Monteverde - Manuel Antonio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted