We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels...to book or not to book?

Which Santa Elena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
victoria
reviews: 8
Hotels...to book or not to book?

So we'll be arriving on Jan. 17th (Friday) for 3 nights. Should we have any problems finding a clean, basic room in the $50 and under range, close to restaurants ect.? Any suggestions for hotels I should take a look at.

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Southern California
reviews: 26
1. Re: Hotels...to book or not to book?

Where did you stay? I'm looking for the same thing is Santa Elena. Am also going to post in the Monteverde forum, because I think more people look at that site. But from what I can tell, Santa Elena and Monteverde are sort of one and the same. Thanks!

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 57
2. Re: Hotels...to book or not to book?

I'd recommend booking in advance. After a long drive it's really nice not to have to search for a room.....

http://www.pensionsantaelena.com/

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 103
3. Re: Hotels...to book or not to book?

I would book in advance. Someone came into our hostel looking for a bed and they were completely booked. We stayed at the Sloth Backpackers, it's in town and close to restaurants.

Silverthorne...
reviews: 71
4. Re: Hotels...to book or not to book?

Hotel Las Orquideas. Loved it. Inexpensive, nice little rooms. Beautiful gardens, amazing views from an observation deck and complimentary breakfast made by the owner of the hotel each morning. The hotel is situated right at the entrance of town and you can walk to shops and restaurants in the town.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Hotels...to book or not to book?

Agree Orquideas Inn…nice local owners….good location….nice 15 minutes walk to Santa Elena …of course depends how fast do you walk…

roadadvisor

Minnesota
reviews: 7
6. Re: Hotels...to book or not to book?

Is it muggy there?

Reply to: Hotels...to book or not to book?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted