We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Elena accomodations

Which Santa Elena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 6
Santa Elena accomodations

My husband and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica next winter and are trying to decide where to stay in Santa Elena. We will not have a car and would like to stay some place that is pleasant and easy walking distance to town for restaurants, etc. Ideally we would like it to have nice grounds, too. We are flexible about the price range. I would appreciate suggestions. Thanks.

10 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

Check the Monteverde Country Lodge, Poco a Poco, Valle Campana

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
2. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

Great suggestions by MikeA943. When we visited Santa Elena, we had a wonderful stay at The Miramontes (Swiss Hotel) The rooms were impeccably clean, very nice grounds, and a mountain view for great photo ops. Not terribly expensive, but what it lacks in amenities, it makes up in friendly service and a view. www.swisshotelmiramontes.com/services.html

Monteverde/Santa Elena are a must see when coming to CR, some of the best restaurants as well.

Have fun planning your vacation.

Philadelphia
3. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I would like to follow up. I am hoping for a very short walk. Can you tell how far these places are from the restaurants, etc? Do you know anything about Arco Iris which does seem close in?

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 52
4. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

We spent four nights at Arco Iris and it sounds perfect for what you want. You are in town, but the grounds are so extensive that you feel like you are outside of Santa Elena. It's very easy to walk to the restaurants in the evening, staff is helpful in booking tours (they will pick you up).

We had a cabin up on the hill, plenty of room.

Breakfast buffet isn't included, but is about $7 pp. White faced capuchins were in the trees right outside the dining room. There was also free internet and an extensive library of guide books.

Right next door is a little gem - the MV orchid garden.

New Brunswick, New...
reviews: 35
5. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

I recently spent two nights at Poco a Poco. We walked to restaurants within 5 minutes or so, however walking back was a bit more challenging because we had to walk up a significant hill. That said, taxis are abundant.

Generally I liked the hotel but it was a bit noisy.

nebraska
reviews: 49
6. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

I suggest Rustic Lodge. There is a nice little garden in the back. You could walk to eat but taxis are cheap and I think you wouldn't want to stay right downtown within walking anyway.

http://www.monteverderusticlodge.com/

Philadelphia
7. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

Thank you all for your help so far. Lots to think about.

NY
reviews: 65
8. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

I liked the Monteverde Lodge.

Harrison, New Jersey
reviews: 10
9. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

Try the TreeTop House it's a vacation home....

San Jose, Costa Rica
10. Re: Santa Elena accomodations

Rustic Lodge...nice family run operation...El Establo offer a great location...

Rustic is closer to Santa Elena...El Establo offer some walking distance restaurants...

Just check them at internet...you can dealt directly with them...nice people very professional!

roadadvisor

Reply to: Santa Elena accomodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted