We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

Which Santa Elena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hanover, NH
reviews: 17
Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

If you look at the review ratings, it appears Hidden Canopy is headed toward setting a record for perfect traveler reviews. My review for a visit in March, 2011, (Traveler4230) raves about Hidden Canopy and is fairly typical of the reviews given by other travelers.

Occasionally a traveler finds faults with Hidden Canopy. TripAdvisor allows owners to comment on negative reviews, but there is no provision in the Review section for other travelers to comment on them. I suppose this is good as it keeps the Review section from becoming a discussion forum.

Recently, a traveler's review suggested Hidden Canopy might be steering guests to particular tours because the Hidden canopy staff (in this case Cynthia, a wonderful person!) might be receiving some type of financial return from the recommended tours. The example of a zip line tour was referenced.

It is true that Selvatura and SkyTrek are the big name zip line tours in Monteverde/Santa Elena. It is also true Hidden Canopy recommends the Original Canopy Tour. I experienced both sides of this debate and, on balance, I think Hidden Canopy recommends the Original Canopy Tour not because of any financial arrangement but because they truly believe it provides a better tour with more personal service than the big name tours.

Please read my review of the Original Canopy Tour, which you can easily find by looking for reviews from Traveler4230.

Monteverde, Costa...
11. Re: Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

@Roadadvisor

I regret that you do not seem to know me or understand my culture and philosophy yet seem to feel the need to comment on my personal beliefs and my hotel. I actually love children and have three wonderful nieces/nephews from my brother in the US as well as various adopted ones from my Tico family here. Very young children are not accepted in Hidden Canopy because of its unique architechture. The great heights of the balconies and the complexity of the wild life walks are not appropriate for young children, whose natural curiosity will lead them to want to explore. We restrict young children from visiting here to protect them, not to punish them.

I do love cats and dogs. In fact, I care about all living creatures and the canopy. The fact that I have cats (who are also like adopted children) has nothing to do with my rules about protecting human children. Luckily my pets have never fallen off of the main house or a treehouse. Yet that is a real hazard and on some occasions, small children in their lovely and boisterous manner have slipped, bumped heads etc. Their parents seem to agree that this is a safe and lovely atmosphere for older children and adults only.

Thank you kindly for offering this venue to clarify the situation. We welcome well-behaved children over the age of 10 at Hidden Canopy as well as their caring parents.

Jenn King

Owner/Host

Hidden Canopy Treehouses

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 20
12. Re: Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

Hidden canopy is awesome! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and would highly recommend it. The food was spectacular, tea time was very relaxing and fun, the staff were all friendly and helpful. Jennifer, she is the hostess with the mostest! The rooms were beautifully designed - the babbling brook on the grounds a nice touch! We stayed in the garden room which was wonderful! Views spectacular, even a rainbow our first morning! Oh lots of hummingbirds and even an emerald tucan! The only negative is that we couldn't stay longer....

13. Re: Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, February 18, 2014