We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SANSA is overbooking flights to/from Tambor

Which Tambor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rumson, New Jersey
reviews: 14
SANSA is overbooking flights to/from Tambor

SANSA HAS BEEN OVERBOOKING FLIGHTS TO/FROM TAMBOR We were warned about this and arrived 30 minutes early for our flight back to the US but were informed after checking in and paying the Tambor airport exit fee that the flight was full despite our reservation which had been made weeks earlier. We received no sympathy or apology just told that there was nothing they could do. In order to make our flight from SJO, we were told to drive to San Jose and if we left immediately we might make it! The drive to the airport was harrowing and stressful because we had no margin for error. We have a home in Playa Manzanillo and are very familiar with the roads. I can not imagine how a first time visitor would have coped. We had rented our car in Tambor from Harry at Budget car rental and he was incredibly helpful. If you ever need to rent a car in Tambor use this office (506) 2683-0500 because his service and understanding was critical when we decided to drop the car at SJO instead of Tambor. He even arranged for someone to meet us at the departure gate to help us make the flight.

3 replies to this topic
La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: SANSA is overbooking flights to/from Tambor

Sorry to hear about this. Sansa did the same thing to us about 7 years ago and we have not used them since. Fortunately it was just an overnight trip to San Jose, not a connecting flight. I have also heard the same story several other times. At least you found someone to help.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
2. Re: SANSA is overbooking flights to/from Tambor

I've never heard such stories about Nature Air. Just sayin' . ..

London, England...
reviews: 82
3. Re: SANSA is overbooking flights to/from Tambor

Numerous airlines have been quilty of this over the years, very poor practice - they do it to ensure the flights are full. I turned up 3.5 hours before departure for a BA flight from LHR a few years back and by the time I got to the front of the queue was told my seat was gone :-( got lucky on reserve but many didn't.

Reply to: SANSA is overbooking flights to/from Tambor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted