We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tambor Tropical Resort

Which Tambor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas...
reviews: 1
Tambor Tropical Resort

We are going for our honeymoon in June. Tell all about the area, things to do and see, places to eat, etc! Do we need to rent a car? How are the beach areas?

2 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Tambor Tropical Resort

Not much to do if you are not staying at Barcelo Playa Tambor...the best is to have a car and drive to near by beaches like...Montezuma...Mal Pais...Santa Tereza,,,then we are talking about fun!

roadadadivor

Costa Rica
2. Re: Tambor Tropical Resort

Hi, I'm the general manager of Tambor Tropical and I'm happy to help suggest activities for you to and your husband to enjoy during your honeymoon.

Tambor Tropical is intimate, secluded and very romantic. Tambor is a beautiful bay with very tranquile safe waters, surrounded by mountains and nature. Please keep in mind the beach is black volcanic sand. Let me know if you're interested in a night bonfire and we're happy to set up one up on the beach.

Other activities we can help arrange include - Canopy or zip lining, day trips to Tortuga Island (fun for snorkeling and sun bathing), horseback riding in the jungle or to water falls, sea kayaking tours and guided nature walks to the Curú wildlife reserve.

Also, you and your husband can enjoy the onsite spa or an in-suite massage. We also offer morning yoga if you're interested. And last but not least, we have a great pool that people enjoy - swimming, relaxing or having lunch by.

In regard to transportation, we suggest you fly both ways (to the Tambor airstrip) or drive one way and fly the other. There are different car rental shops in the area (Budget, Toyota, Alamo), so you can rent a vehicle the days that your are actually going to use it. Other towns you may want to check out during the day include Montezuma, Santa Teresa, Manzanillo and then you can head back and spend the night at Tambor Tropical which has some of the best rooms in the area.

Feel free to follow up with me directly if I can help arrange any of these activities or reserve a rental car prior to your arrival. Also, feel free to visit www.tambortropical.com for additional information on honeymoon packages.

Reply to: Tambor Tropical Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted