We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

Which Tambor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tipton, PA
reviews: 29
Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

We are considering reserving a week at Tango Mar and I was hoping for some guidance. It looks nice although there were some reviews earlier last year with concerns about change of ownership....can anyone provide an update on that situation?

Using frequent flier miles we can fly into Liberia...Google says it is about a 2 1/2 hr drive...is this a good option? All other posts talk about tranfering from San Jose.

We will have a rental car so is there other good restaurant options within a 30 miunte drive in the area?

Thanks for your help.

MIke

8 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 17
1. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

2 1/2 hours sounds like on the optimistic side. If cost is not an issue, I would suggest taking a local flight like Nature Air or Sansa. If you buy Nature Air over the web they have deep discounted airfare as low as $29.

I would then rent-a-car there.

Reason that I am suggesting this is that last time I took that road it was AWFUL . The last 30-40km took me more than an hour.

Tambor, Costa Rica
2. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

I am Hilde Cloet and my husband and I are since 13 years the owners of Tango Mar

I am from Belgium and I live 95% of my time in Tango Mar

I have very good people and during the last 8 years we did a lot of changes

See our webpagina

www.tangomar.com

Driving time from Liberia to Tango Mar is about 3.30 hours

From San Jose 4-5 hours

I hope to see you in Tango Mar

Very warm greetings from a very sunny Tango Mar

Hilde

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

Not many good restaurant options...maybe in Playa Tambor about 20 minutes from Tango Mar...get a 4x4 and explore the beaches around Montezuma and Mal Pais...

roadadvsior

San Francisco
reviews: 11
4. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

Hi Hildi,

We are planning on staying at your lovely resort in early March - and would like to extend by one additional night possible - do you think it is reasonable to leave Tango Mar early enough in the am to catch a flight at 12:30pm in San Jose back to the States or are we better off staying the last night in San Jose?

Tambor, Costa Rica
5. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

Hello,

Yes you can stay 1 night more in Tango Mar

You have to book an early flight with Sansa or Nature Air

We can make a reservation for you on the early flight

Very warm and sunny greetings from Tango Mar and hope

to see you soon

Hilde

San Francisco
reviews: 11
6. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

Hi Hilde,

We are actually renting a car and driving. Given that our flight is at 12:30,it seems it might make more sense to leave the day before and spend a night in San Jose. Would you agree?

Aston, PA
reviews: 5
7. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

Hilde, my husband and I met you a couple of years ago when we ate at your restaurant with Barbara and Bo. We all enjoyed our food, and I especially liked the lasagna!! We also stayed there in 2002 and enjoyed it very much!!

Aston, PA
reviews: 5
8. Re: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort

My husband and I like the H & B restaurant/hotel. The food is great and reasonably priced. In Montezuma we like El Sano Banano. He loves their mocha chillers, and I love their quesadillas!!

Reply to: Tango Mar Golf and Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted