We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 6
Grocery Stores

My husband and I are staying at the Vila Marachique for three weeks in April was wondering how far it is to the grocery stores.

Sunderland
reviews: 4
1. Re: Grocery Stores

It's about 15-20 minutes walk to the mid-sized AliSuper near the main roundabout in Alvor - near where the bus stop and taxi rank are. Another 5-10 minutes walk past the roundabout - keeping to the right and up and down a small bank - will bring you to the much larger Pingo Doce supermarket.

You'll probably pass both on your way to Vila Marachique on the day you arrive.

You'll most likely need a taxi back from either depending on how much you buy - AliSuper is just round the corner from the rank while at Pingo Doce one of the security guards or staff should assist you in calling a taxi.

cheshire
reviews: 21
2. Re: Grocery Stores

Also if you turn left out of the apartments and take the next left there is a small shop on your right, it's about 2min walk it sells the essentials plus lovely cream cakes.We stayed in these apartments last year,loved them nice pool and huge gardens,enjoy.

Canada
reviews: 6
3. Re: Grocery Stores

Thanks to you both for the info

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
reviews: 7
4. Re: Grocery Stores

There's a really good restaurant called Por Do Sol located directly opposite Vila Marachique. Slightly (but not that much) more expensive than some of the restaurants down town but well worth the extra.

Portsmouth, UK
Destination Expert
for Alvor
reviews: 89
5. Re: Grocery Stores

The Pingo Doce is well worth the effort to get to if you're self catering, even with a taxi.

It offers an above average supermarket shop which is really cheap and also provides some nice delicatessen type counters for bakery, fresh meat and fish.

The offers on local wine and spirits are also very good

Leicestershire
reviews: 9
6. Re: Grocery Stores

I'd agree with Lozzmeister on Pingo Doce being an above average supermarket for bakery, fresh meat and fish..Enjoy, I'm counting down 12 weeks today :)

7. Re: Grocery Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 27, 2015