We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alvor Baia

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 89
Alvor Baia

Thinking of holidaying at this hotel in June Can't find to much info about the all inclusive package Can anyone advise and also is it far from buses etc Thanks

Birmingham, United...
1. Re: Alvor Baia

travelmatch.co.uk/holidays/…description

im going there in july this is what i found.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Alvor Baia

Sounds Good im going 19 July 2012 looking forward to it

Wakefield, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Alvor Baia

Im going all inc end of sept with first choice . I no theres a little train that takes you down to beach.

Bangor, United...
reviews: 38
4. Re: Alvor Baia

my wife and i have been going to alvor twice a year for the past nine years and have never seen a beach train in alvor they have them in Lagos and Praia da Rocha unless this is new this year .may be Paul v66 knows he is just back

Kildare
reviews: 7
5. Re: Alvor Baia

There is a bus stop directly outside Alvor Baia, buses pass every 30 minutes and cost €1.50 per journey to either Alvor or this is a very punctual bus service. It is an easy 10 or 15 minute stroll in Alvor so I would take the walk option but walking is not for everyone. If you buy a pre paid card then the bus journey will cost just 75 cent. As regards train, the nearest actual train station is in Portimao and I have never even seen one of those type road trains in Alvor.

Edited: 12:57 pm, April 02, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
6. Re: Alvor Baia

I don't recall ever seeing a beach train in Alvor. Some of the hotels run shuttle buses to and from the beach and I think the Alvor Baia is one of the hotels that does this. Otherwise, it's about 20 to 25 minutes walk.

Paul V

Wakefield, United...
7. Re: Alvor Baia

Is it that long of a walk? Not been lazy but my little ones might be. Is it that far to everything?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
8. Re: Alvor Baia

It's about 20 to 25 minutes to the beach. It's about 10 minutes to the Alvor roundabout. There are some restaurants before you get to the roundabout, but it's about another 5 minutes after the roundabout to get to the main street leading down to the harbour.

As I mentioned elsewhere, La Piazza is a very nice and very reasonable pizza restaurant that my children loved when they were younger and it's about 50 metres before the roundabout.

Paul V

Wakefield, United...
9. Re: Alvor Baia

Cheers.

Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
reviews: 128
10. Re: Alvor Baia

It is quite a distance, we stayed at the Alvorferias which is nearby - the bonus is it's pretty much downhill all the way into town, but then you have the uphill slog back!!

Taxis are available from the roundabout and wouldn't be too expensive.