We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Ko Samet

Which Ko Samet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Transportation to Ko Samet

Hi all, would appreciate if you could help me clarify transportation from bkk to ko samet. I'll be going from June 9 onwards, staying 3 days.

I understand we can take a van. Is Ekkamai and Victory Monument two different departure places?

If I take Ekkamai, where do I end up? If i take from Victory Monument route, I will end up at Ban Phe? Thereafter I need to take a ferry to Ko Samet?

Also is it better to avoid Ao Phrao beach?

Thanks, Jillian

5 replies to this topic
Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
1. Re: Transportation to Ko Samet

Hi,

Minivans depart from Victory Monument while buses leave from Ekkamai. For sure, the buses will drop you in Ban Phe, just a few meters away from where the boats for Koh Samet leave from.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 33
2. Re: Transportation to Ko Samet

I'm normally a big fan of the white van from Victory Monument and will use it on journey's to Koh Chang, Pattaya and Hua Hin. However this route Bangkok to Ban-Phe pier I would rather use the blue and white bus from Ekkamai. The last two time's I've used the White van its taken over an hour to negotiate Rayong dropping cargo and passengers off in this city.

Just be carefull to actually go into the ticket office at Ekkamai to purchase your ticket. Lots of other pirate bus services operating near Ekkamai and you might just end up on a slow bus that takes 8-9 hours to reach Rayong.

All beaches are ok now on the island

singapore
3. Re: Transportation to Ko Samet

Fantastic! Great help.. What is the expected bus fare?

how do I go about buying the ferry tickets, Would it be a ticket office there as well & what is the fare to be expected?

Thank you

Jillian

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
4. Re: Transportation to Ko Samet

In Jan 2013, I got the bus from Ekkamai, which cost 170bt & took 3 1/2 hours. Got dropped off across the road from the pier, where there was a bloke selling ferry tickets, I think they were 40bt, plus there was also a National Park charge, which wasn't much, but I can't remember how much.

Enjoy your trip

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
5. Re: Transportation to Ko Samet

Hi,

No worries, it's easy enough to get a ticket as Jay suggests. Since Koh Samet is a national park expect to pay 200 baht entrance fee.

Reply to: Transportation to Ko Samet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ko Samet