We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking to book

Which Ko Samet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool
reviews: 8
looking to book

hi

can anyone advise where decent to stay.

stayed in pattaya bout 15 years ago and also had one week in koh samet. stayed in some basic bungalows looking on to beach which were owned by a family who owned one ot the bars.

looking re places to stay, must have built more since i travelled as i dont remember many bungalows at all, let alone hotels . remembered great restaurants /bars on beach and further along on top of a cliff a restaurant?

as said going back years now so memory hazy, just remebered it to be beautiful like paradise.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
reviews: 55
1. Re: looking to book

As when you were yonger, every kind of huts were ok and now as a bit older, need decent accpmmodation:

I recommend a look at this page http://www.samedresorts.com

and your memories will be back about the island and in what area you have earlier stayed.

I was personally in the same situation a couple pof years ago, wanted to visit the island after about 15 years again...got a pleasant suprise about how little it had changed! and the basic charm of the island was still there!

Of course the island was more busy, a lot more adults around that in my earlier years, maybe same kind re-visitors as we???

When I was younger I used to stay around Vongduen Beach and connecting beaches south of that. Now later I found a giood compromise to stay at Ao Prao Resort on the sunset side of the island and visit Vongduen in the evenings when I wanted more dining options and banana pancaces. Number of restaurants and bars has also increased at Vongduen, a lot of chairs and tables are placed on the beach as it's low tide in the evening. Pretty romantic!

Ao Prao Beach had changed: I remember that this hotel was the only one on that tiny beach, now there are some more hotels. They run a "taxi"-service to Vongduen, local Songtao type. Walking distance was much longer that I rememebered, it takes about 10 min by car along a very dusty "road", the road has not changed at all.

The islands southern tip had a small hotel with very private bungalows, that has gone and nowadays there is the best and most exclusive hotel

which you also belongs the above mentioned Samed Resorts-chain. Very charming, very private, very isolated and very expensive.

blackpool
reviews: 8
2. Re: looking to book

thankyou for your reply, is great, looked on website, all seems so lovely.

just now need to win lottery and book!

3. Re: looking to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, February 16, 2011