We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone familiar with either of these rental homes?

md
Anyone familiar with either of these rental homes?

I found two (seemingly) amazing gulf front rental homes on N Shore Drive. Both seem too good to be true so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any feedback or direct knowledge of either rental home. Thanks in advance!

Golden Dolphin

islandvacationproperties.com/rental/…

Unnamed VRBO listing - seems like it might be a scam

http://www.vrbo.com/499520

lexington, ky
reviews: 2
1. Re: Anyone familiar with either of these rental homes?

Golden Dolphin I have passed on North Shore and it does look like a nice house from the outside. Didn't realize it was a rental. I am not familiar with Island Vacation Properties, but have seen their office near Mr. Bones Restaurant in Holmes Beach. Maybe someone else has used them and can say how they are.

The other house has been for sale for awhile (asking a lot for it imo which is probably why its been on the market forever). It is listed with Terry Hayes of Premier Sotheby's International Realty. The address is 785 North Shore and I have been by that one too. Might need a little updating, built in the early 90's and the pickled cabinetry shows that. Maybe contact the realtor and see if it is an active rental and who rents it?

md
2. Re: Anyone familiar with either of these rental homes?

Thank you so much! This is super helpful!!! It would be super annoying if we rented the one that's for sale they wanted to show the property. Or even worse, if they sold it and we were S.O.L. on the rental. Thanks again!!!

lexington, ky
reviews: 2
3. Re: Anyone familiar with either of these rental homes?

I hear you about one that is on the market. I would be worried about how old those pics are too.

You want a cool beachfront house, check this one out. It is awesome. Recently was sold last April, I remember when it was on the market (I watch real estate down there all the time, oh to dream!) so I think it is a new rental to these guys. They rent a lot of stuff on AMI, though I have never personally used them.

annamaria.com/vacation-rentals/….UliU9C3D_Z4

It just has that beachy quality. And where it is located is wonderful, very near the other ones you mentioned. It looks nicely maintained on the outside.

United States
reviews: 22
4. Re: Anyone familiar with either of these rental homes?

All of them are near each other and right on the beach, which is always a big plus. Golden Dolphin has those great water features the others don't. The baroque-like interior is very dark compared to the linen white schemes of the others. It's really up to your personal preference. As to renting a for sale property you're very safe. Scheduled rentals are part of the buyer's contract and agents aren't going to just show up wanting to show the house to potential buyers. You can ask your rental agent to add some provisions about these things if you're worried.

5. Re: Anyone familiar with either of these rental homes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 14, 2014