We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What does this mean???

reviews: 8
What does this mean???

heraldtribune.com/article/…130439977

Tampa, Florida
1. Re: What does this mean???

They're putting back sand that was washed away by recent storms.

2. Re: What does this mean???

Sorry, should clarify, what does it mean for the current beach conditions? What about when this will take place? Id hate to spend my last dime to go down to an eroded beach and or bulldozers. We havent been there & would like to be there when its at its best. I understand this happens, mother nature etc. Im just wondering if I should try & go next year. Our trip is in September.

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
3. Re: What does this mean???

They will start at one end or the other, and work on smaller sections at a time. The southern end of the island is eroded, the beach narrow, but still wonderful. It becomes more of a case of how wide the beach is. By adding width, hopefully the next storm to come along will not flood out the southern half of the island.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
4. Re: What does this mean???

It will be fine, as Kris says it will start at Southend and they only do a portion at the time, little or no impact, especially if you are staying around Pirates Den.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: What does this mean???

We were at ami last year when debby was there. Was windy and wet to say the least. How are beaches looking just now and when does restoration work start and end, any idea?

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
6. Re: What does this mean???

The beaches now are not bad, particularly in the Holmes Beach area. Lots of soft white sand. The southern end of the island has a pretty narrow beach. Do try to see the flags for beach conditions. There have been some rip currents lately. With a red flag, it would be a good shopping or pool day. There is one at each of the two public beaches, and there is some talk of putting them up elsewhere on the island.

7. Re: What does this mean???

Yeah, we just got back from Panama City Beach with the kids. We had red or double red everyday we were there. We also had storms the entire time:( I was amazed at how many people let their kids out & how far they let them out at that. It made me sad & angry. The kids trust their parents decisions. It stressed me out watching. I was even arguing with my husband about letting them walk the edge. I do wonder what the dif between gulf beaches & Cali beaches are. Cali beaches look rough but people are still out & lifeguards are okay with it.

8. Re: What does this mean???

Which beaches are near the north end, south? Where is the Pirates Den as far as north... middle? Is Holmes Beach middle? We still havent booked the Den. Im going crazy overthinking everything.

Cork
reviews: 13
9. Re: What does this mean???

Minda, You should google map the Island and " cyber " walk up the Island from Cortez bridge to the North end you will get a feel for the area you need to do some research on the whole area and you will enjoy the run up to your vacation.

northwest
reviews: 17
10. Re: What does this mean???

You are over thinking this I know this because I do it too. I have been there when this was going on before. No big deal at all. Go have fun and enjoy !! You will go back this is about my 12th time there!