We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious Minds Want To Know

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
Curious Minds Want To Know

With summer fast approaching the island and crowds are winding down so who's coming, who are you coming with, where are you staying, how long are you staying and what do you have planned to do?

We' are planning our first summer visit for Memorial Day Weekend and I am looking forward to trying the new places on Pine Ave, tacos and donuts, what could be better? I also hear starting June 1st and continuing until July 27th they will be having a Saturday Night Market on Bridge Street from 5 to 9pm. It will feature live music, handmade crafts, yummy food, desserts and family fun. Sounds like something worth checking out.

MD
reviews: 30
41. Re: Curious Minds Want To Know

This is our 3 yr at AMI, after 4 trips to Siesta Key. Each time we have been inching our way further north. We will be there early to mid Aug. for 2 weeks, renting a house near Bean Point. I'm very excited to be staying there for my birthday!

Our plans are evolving, I'm all about having lots of options, and only a few things are set in stone.

Besides as much time on Bean Point as possible plans will include:

Biking around

Kayak tour with manatees on my birthday :)

Shopping on Pine Ave & Sand Dollar (favorite)

Blue Marlin, Rod & Reel, Cafe Spice, Ginny's & Jane E's, The Feast, Joe's ice cream & treats, Duffy's...so many more!

Off island--Love the drive south via Longboat Key to Sarasota to St. Armands Circle and Main St. shopping. We have to stop by Toy Lab & have lunch at C'est la Vie restaurant. I wish we could make it to the Saturday Farmer's Market, but it won't fit our weekend plans.

Starfish, Jose's Cuban, and Village Idiot for pizza

Sea Hagg

We're attending a concert in Orlando the second weekend and are staying the night. I wish I could have tagged it on the beginning or end of the trip, but that's just how it worked out.

Between now and then I'll be catching up on TA to see what's new and worth trying. Definitely going to try the new donut place.

Ottawa, Ohio
reviews: 6
42. Re: Curious Minds Want To Know

Unfortunately Jamrocks on Manatee is also closed.I just read a report that they may be getting a food truck,or sometimes called a roach coach in the southern states.

43. Re: Curious Minds Want To Know

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 24, 2014