We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

mass
reviews: 5
Where to stay??

My husband and teen age son when last year to go fishing and stayed on Ana Maria Island. They want to go back again this year and want me to come with them. This trip will be in June. I have looked at the reviews of the hotels here on tripadvisor. Can someone tell me if there are any hotels that are on the beach that have restraurants and places to eat outside. I guess I am looking for a resort type of place. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 28
1. Re: Where to stay??

There really aren't any resorts. Bridgewalk is across the street from the beach, but has several restaurants really close by. To be on the beach, start by looking at LaCosta--two bedroom condos, on the beach, good pool. Close to restaurants. Catch the free trolley right out front.

Florida, Missouri
reviews: 36
2. Re: Where to stay??

Unless you are planning to stay a full week, you will have a limited number of places from which to choose. So I hope that is in your plans. You will certainly enjoy being there a full week with the beach, lots of places to eat, shopping one day at St. Armand Circle, and just plain relaxation.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 39
3. Re: Where to stay??

As pointed out above, your choices are limited depending on whether you are staying a full week or a few days, If you are staying a week, I would recommend a condo at La Costa, right on the beach and walking distance to several restaurants and shops. If you are staying the weekend or a few days and you say you want to be ON the beach, then I would recommend Angelino's Sea Lodge, Bamboo Apartments, Beach House Resort and Blue Water Resort. The island is only 7 miles long so you can get around very easily and they is a free trolley. CHeck over some of the past post and you will other recommendations for places to stay that are not on the beach.

Reply to: Where to stay??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island