We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Zion to Treasure Beach

Which Treasure Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
Best route from Zion to Treasure Beach

We are staying at Zion Country in Manchioneal and we are headed to TB, we have a rental car, what is the best route?

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 43
1. Re: Best route from Zion to Treasure Beach

It depends what you want to see and do along the way I suppose.

The south coast route will be most direct, I think, but will take you through Kingston, a likely slow down and not very easy to go through without a good nav system or firsthand knowledge. But after that it's smooth sailing to TB, pretty much, on the south coast "highway" to Santa Cruz-ish then you can cut down to TB.

Going the northern route will give you new smooth fast highway most of the way. You can go through MoBay then turn to the south at Reading.

There are numerous cut-throughs before Reading that will likely save miles but may be smaller roads but I haven't really taken any of them except one - through Christiana. It's not a terrific road, but was very scenic last time I drove it.

Have a good road map if not JamNav. And leave Zion early in the morning so you can stop, and/or get lost, and not worry about dark because finding stuff in TB in the dark sucks...it's really quiet down there :)

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 43
2. Re: Best route from Zion to Treasure Beach

Now that I think about it, north coast is probably faster as well as less stressful, even if you do cut across to the south coast before MoBay. Getting from Manchioneal to Kingston is a long way on a pretty bad road, then you have to get through Kingston, then it's another...oh...3 hours past there.

3. Re: Best route from Zion to Treasure Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 30, 2013