We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental?

Which Treasure Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, Canada
reviews: 4
Car Rental?

Hi

since we will do a lot more visits that are spread out our first week in Jamaica (we are staying at treasure beach but want to visit many places over the west coast -appleton factory, ys falls, lovers leap, peter tosh, negril, bob marley birth place etc), we thought of renting one the first week, and drop it off on the east coast when done with it, as we will be using taxi's the rest of the trip, less driving to be done on the east coast.

any suggestions on good reliable car rental that have several spots for drop offs?

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Car Rental?

I've always used Island with branches in Kingston & MoBay. Budget is the other big one with branches in Kingston, MoBay & Ochi.

United States
reviews: 87
2. Re: Car Rental?

Rental of a car in Jamaica can NEVER be recommended under any condition. Hire a car with a Jamaican driver. Your hotel can recommend a qualified person.

United States
reviews: 87
3. Re: Car Rental?

Rental of a car in Jamaica can NEVER be recommended under any condition. Hire a car with a Jamaican driver. Your hotel can recommend a qualified person.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 16
4. Re: Car Rental?

plenty of people rent cars safely so saying it's never recommended is your opinion and not any sort of stated fact...

the poster is quite familiar with island road conditions and knowledgable of where they are going, so if they feel comfortable renting then by all means they should go ahead and do so!

i agree with island rentals http://www.islandcarrentals.com/ althought an interesting option might be mid island as their dropoff/pick up might be more convienently located for you...

http://www.midislandcarrental.com/

hope that helps some

Chelle

CAN
reviews: 25
5. Re: Car Rental?

Vinnie...although I completely agree with you...it doesn't apply in this case. Bighouse has been there many many times off the beaten track so they are aware.

CAN
reviews: 25
6. Re: Car Rental?

" plenty of people rent cars safely so saying it's never recommended is your opinion and not any sort of stated fact..."

isn't this entire site basically opinions based on experiences? lol

Moncton, Canada
7. Re: Car Rental?

chelle is very right, we have been there many times for 2-3 weeks every time & always off the beaten path, so we feel very comfortable. it is also not our first time driving in the Caribbean, hectic crazy driving is something we are used to now & no trouble with driving on the left.

island sounds like is the way to go, thanks every one!!

Edited: 2:14 pm, January 25, 2010
ny
8. Re: Car Rental?

island or mid island esp. charges alot for cars. in mobay try eden, dhana, efay, or aplus . aplus is a division of island with cheaper rates. they have free drop off in kingston if you are so inclined. 175 a week for the toyota yaris. a great choice for two people travelling.

Moncton, Canada
9. Re: Car Rental?

i totally agree there, i'll check those out!

many thanks!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
10. Re: Car Rental?

I found Chalis has lower rates than even Eden in off-season....and Hummingbird is down there too though their lowest level car is a Corolla, they will beat any competitor price by 5%.

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach