We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access in Leyburn

Which Leyburn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Emsworth, United...
reviews: 1
Internet access in Leyburn

We are renting a lovely looking Barn cottage just outside Leyburn, but it doesn't have internet access. Is there anywhere in Leyburn or nearby where we can get free wifi internet access whilst having a cuppa etc?

10 replies to this topic
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
reviews: 57
1. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

It is indeed a beautiful area. However, public internet access might well be limited.

I'd drop Leyburn Tourist office an email about the cafes - I think they might know the answer to this one. Email address is -

tic.leyburn@richmondshire.gov.uk

If you get no joy there, you could go to the Library where there is computer access but I assume you might have to pay for this?? It also has limited opening hours, being in such a rural area. Again you can email them to find out in advance.

www.northyorks.gov.uk/index.aspx…

Edited: 2:34 am, June 08, 2011
Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 5
2. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

Hi Tigs1962 - I wonder if you have had any success tracking down Internet access in Leyburn? We are looking at cottage rentals in that area and are also finding that many do not offer Internet and I am not sure I can last a week without it. Thanks for any

Info you have!

UK
reviews: 196
3. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

Just checked the Boingo wifi hotspot directory and oddly not a single hotspot is listed which I think answers your question there aren't any wifi hotspots in that area. Your best bet if you have an internet capable mobile is to use that if you have a suitable data plan.

UK
reviews: 196
4. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

Sorry, to double post there are in fact just some premium bt openzone hotspots which run from BT Business Hubs but these charge 17p per minute which is rather expensive in my opinion.

Although a quick search has told me Henderson's Bar and Restaurant offer free wifi and they have a mention on trip advisor here: tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g635919-d1514194/Le… but also Bolton Arms, just Google Leyburn free wifi and you should get the details you need.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 5
5. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

Thanks for the info - very helpful!

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 32
6. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

If you have BT broadband at home you can get free access to the BTFon (BT Wifi) network. Results I've found are variable though. Otherwise, if you have a smart phone (unlocked) just grab a Giffgaff sim, load it with a £10 goody bag. Unlimited internet on your phone for a month. They also do a data plan starting at £5. They run on the O2 network.

north yorkshire
reviews: 111
7. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

I think the bolton arms in the middle of leyburn has free wifi in public areas. Other than that, public libraries have access. Bedale Library is closed all day Thursday, open Monday and Wednesday afternoons, Saturday morning, Tuesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

8. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, October 21, 2012

Leyburn, United...
reviews: 28
9. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

The library in leyburn has computers, and I believe if your in leyburn you can sign up for leyburn internet and get so much access mgbytes etc by registering

Leyburn, United...
reviews: 28
10. Re: Internet access in Leyburn

The library in leyburn has computers, and I believe if your in leyburn you can sign up for leyburn internet and get so much access mgbytes etc by registering

Reply to: Internet access in Leyburn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Leyburn
Recent Conversations