We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Which San Miguel de Abona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bonnie Scotland
reviews: 36
Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Staying at the Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club next week.

Couple of Q’s – Where/how near is the nearest/best beach? Any recommendations for cheap cocktails nearby? What’s the availability of vegetarian food likely to be (either in the complex or near)?

We don't intend hiring a car whilst there.

Cheers

GW

chester UK
reviews: 4
1. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Thinking of booking this hotel as a Golfing holiday . Could someone inform me how much it costs for a round of golf

Many thanks

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 37
2. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

The nearest beach is very close however it isn't really a beach to sunbathe or sit, and from what I remember Is just stones. The nearest sandy beach is el medano however can get quite windy, the championship wind/kite surfing is held there. However even this beach is a long walk without a car

England, United...
reviews: 59
3. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Hi, just looking for any good recommendations please on restaurants nearby? Is it also worth travelling to Playa de las Americas and Los Christianos?

Also we've not stayed in an apartment in years (last few holidays have been B&B, AI etc). Is there anything additional we need to pack for this trip? I'm not sure if shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, etc will be provided or not as you'd have in B&B hotels. Any tips appreciated. Thank you.

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 8
4. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

no beach as such in the Golf Del sur, nearest is on the way the El Medano, you can get the 483 OR 470 and get off at Montana Roja or you can get the same buses going the other way to PLA/LC, You have san blas for meals and drink,but Big Al's Is great for a good steak and very cheap to,7.95 in happy hour.and most bars in the day is 1.50 a point though Volcanic island next to Aberdeen steak house only a 1 euro from 12 till 6pm and not a bad pint.You all so have a number of restaurants on the sea front to though i have not tried them so i cannot comment, the best Chinese is the Great Wall at the top of the square ,great food and will priced.There is a small hiperdino that the bottom which is handy for bits and bobs.best do a shop if thats what you want to do at the mercdona in las chafiras which is as you come in to Golf Del Sur.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy

Edited: 6:58 pm, March 19, 2013
Tenerife, Spain
5. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

OOPS i forgot to add harry's on the front at the top of san blas cheap drink and cigs and the best exchange rate than the banks,if you need to exchange cash then try here first..

England
reviews: 3
6. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Hi, we are staying at the Santa Barbara in two weeks and any advice folks can give us will be gratefully received, especially places to eat.

Our DD is 13 and a ‘fussy’ vegetarian and our DS is 9 and has Attention Deficit Disorder which also makes him a fussy eater too. More so with our DS though is that he hates the walking around trying to find some where to eat so we need to have a clear idea of where we are heading. He’s not a great eater (eats to live rather than lives to eat) so somewhere that has plain simple food is best for him.

Is there a reasonably priced super market near the hotel as we’ll need to stock up with breakfast and snack items. Last two holidays we have gone AI but when we go SC we tend to eat breakfast & lunch in our room and go out for our evening meal.

We stayed in Los Gigantes last summer and went to Siam Water Park (not sure if it’s warm enough to go at this time of year), did a trip up Mount Teide and also went for a boat ride to see whales and dolphins. This trip we are only coming for a week so we will mainly be relaxing. However we may try to plan in a visit to Loro Park as DS really wanted to go there last time. Is there any other ‘must sees’ we have missed?

People have said it can be quite windy at this time of year so we’ll need jumpers for the evening but wondering if the pool will be warm enough to swim in?

Anyways, sorry for asking so many questions but with my son being the way he is we need to plan ahead.

Thanks for reading.

Foxie x

Edited: 12:43 pm, March 24, 2013
England, United...
reviews: 59
7. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

I hope you have a really good holiday foxie68, there are a few recommendations in the posts and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you return! From what I've read in the posts there is a supermarket on site and also many people seem to rate the hotel restaurant for meals and the poolside bar.

Thanks to doingok37 and mikeey97 for your posts.

Edited: 9:50 am, April 04, 2013
England
8. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Oh, getting excited now, we'll be there soon. OH has been working lots of hours over Easter so for the first couple of days I think he'll just one to snooze on a sun bed.

Thanks again.

Tenerife, Spain
9. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Nothing wrong with a Snooze on a sun bed or on the beach Foxie68 there is nothing like it after working hard to get here.

Enjoy Dok

England
10. Re: Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club - questions

Currently enjoying & hoping for a sunny day tomorrow x