We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Star- any tips?

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford, Ireland
reviews: 14
Blue Star- any tips?

Hi there, I am looking to book accommodation for 9 nights at the beginning of Nov and I am considering the Blue Star. Last time I was here, we stayed in the Gloria Palace Amadores, so I know this will be a big change but we just want somewhere clean to shower & sleep as a base because we know the beaches/bars etc around PR are good and we will spend most of our time out and about.

Does anyone have any info on these apartments please? Any tips? Which is the best floor to stay on and how far are they from the Amadores Beach?

Thanks, any info at all on these would be greatly appreciated ;)

6 replies to this topic
liverpool
reviews: 16
1. Re: Blue Star- any tips?

Never stayed at either but I would assume that there is a massive difference between the two.

The Blue Star balconies have a good view and you can see the main entrance to the Gloria Palace from there. It is up the top and about 3-5 min walk to the Europa centre, you can walk up and down to the Amadores beach which takes approx 15 min but very steep (back up). We've just come back from staying at the Altamar which is next door to the Blue Star and a taxi to the beach cost us about 2.75 euro and similar to the commercial centre.

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Blue Star- any tips?

I have stayed at Blue star as well as a few others up the top and I would say Blue star is the worst by far, if you want something basic but clean and good location I would deffo recomend the Babalu its around the same price at blue star but 100times better, balconys, rooms, cleaness, pools all much much better at babalu. Another hotel up the tops that's basic and decent it Sol Y Paz. When we stayed at blue star it wasn't that clean sheets dirty with holes in etc, the pool was overun by spanish and you could never get a sunbed plus the balconys didn't really get the sun. Hope this helps.

Waterford, Ireland
reviews: 14
3. Re: Blue Star- any tips?

Thank you for your replies. What is P Rico like in general in winter months? We were looking to go the first week in November

liverpool
reviews: 16
4. Re: Blue Star- any tips?

Winter months we've been in February , weather was lovely excellent break from the bad weather at home. The Amadores beach was really busy but found the bars and resturant's quite quiet of an evening, this is due to the area being mainly older Scandinavians.

Must admit we arrived home last week from Puerto Rico and found the whole resort quiet in general which is a pity really. Also think this is very similar across most resorts though.

It wouldn't stop us going again though.

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Blue Star- any tips?

Hi if you want basic and by the beach go for the Gran Amadores apartments as they are clean and a very good base,5 mins from the beach at the bottom of the hill.We go back every year and really enjoyed it

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Blue Star- any tips?

Hi if you want basic and by the beach go for the Gran Amadores apartments as they are clean and a very good base,5 mins from the beach at the bottom of the hill.We go back every year and really enjoyed it

Reply to: Blue Star- any tips?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico