We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early planning stage for a December trip

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 61
Early planning stage for a December trip

I've never been to any of the Caribbean islands and just bought tickets so we (my husband and I) will be in Puerto Rico from December 5 - 18. This is my initial shot at an itinerary.

We're scheduled to arrive at 10:30 pm so I was thinking of spending that and the next night in San Juan. Then on the 7th fly over to Vieques for the last favorable night for a bioluminescent kayak tour. I'm a little unsure here. It might be better to leave on the 6th but I really hate the idea of traveling again on Friday after so much travel time on Thursday. Then thinking of spending three days on Vieques so would come back to the main island on the 10th. That would give us a week to explore. So far my main interest would be El Yunque and want to spend at least a few days on the eastern side.

We like to hike, snorkel, and kayak. And we don't like to rush. Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Thanks for your advice!

Killarney, Ireland
reviews: 33
1. Re: Early planning stage for a December trip

You are on the wrong forum! Best copy/paste this on to the island of Puerto Rico forum. This is the resort of P/Rico on the island of Gran Canaria, off the west of Africa. :-)

cleethorpes
reviews: 9
2. Re: Early planning stage for a December trip

Well it will provide plenty of hiking ,kayaking and a bit of snorkeling !!!!!...think my arms would ache LOL

Edited: 2:11 am, August 12, 2013
California
reviews: 61
3. Re: Early planning stage for a December trip

Whoops! Clicked "Puerto Rico" from the list - didn't notice it was the wrong list. Sorry

Killarney, Ireland
reviews: 33
4. Re: Early planning stage for a December trip

No worries. It happens a lot! :-)

5. Re: Early planning stage for a December trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico