We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taunton, England...
reviews: 8
Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

Can anybody tell me if there are any steep steps down to the beach from the Gloria Palace Hotel

Thank you in anticapation

Lionel

Dublin
reviews: 43
1. Re: Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

directly down, no, when first planned a bridge was to be built from the poolside down to the beach but it never went ahead. The walk downhill from the reception is about 600 mtrs, back uphill is for the fit.......which, i suspect, is why you see taxis going up and down all day.

wigan
reviews: 31
2. Re: Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

There is a lift on the outside of the cliff which takes you down to the walkway between amadores and Puerto rico. Unfortunately it keeps breaking down despite workmen working on it last week. The problem is when you are returning to the hotel and find it not working as although you can walk around the road it is a sharp incline. It is referred to as "cardiac hill" The Gloria Palace is a beautiful hotel but is very dependent on lifts. Last week I had to carry two suitcases up three flights of stairs because the one lift in our block broke just as I was leaving to get the coach to the airport.

Dublin
reviews: 43
3. Re: Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

Sorry Ash from Wigan,

I think you are talking about the gloria palace amadores.

The question is about the royal, which overlooks amadores beach. they have 2 hotels

Edited: 5:14 am, October 25, 2012
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
reviews: 39
4. Re: Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

There are actually 3 Gloria palace hotels, the third being across in San Augustine which was actually the first of the group to open years ago:-

gloriapalaceth.com/gb/…

wigan
reviews: 31
5. Re: Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

Sorry I must learn to read properly. We dropped off there and as far as I can recall the only way to the beach is out the main entrance and then down the road which is downhill towards the beach. Coming back is a slope but nothing as bad as the sister hotel. As most the local area is very hilly it is difficult to find a hotel in the locality on the flat. When we dropped off on 15/10 there were armed police guarding the place, I dont know what was going on.

6. Re: Gloria Palace Royal Hotel and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico