We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

panzano

Which Panzano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
overland park, ks.
panzano

If I am staying outside of panzano and in need of a car, would I fly into Rome or Florence? Which is easier, I know Florence is closer. I was just reading some comments about how the traffic can be bad coming out of Rome and it might take 4 hours and I was told 3 hours. Thanks for your help!

13 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
1. Re: panzano

Where are you arriving? Rome? Florence?? Pisa???

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
2. Re: panzano

Florence would be easier in terms of then driving to Panzano. However, there are obviously many more flight options to Rome. You could also land in Rome and go to Florence by train and then rent a car. Or you could ask the owner of your accommodation whether there's a local car rental place in Panzano and go by bus from Florence to Panzano and pick up the car there.

overland park, ks.
3. Re: panzano

We haven't decided yet. I have been told to fly into Rome but Florence is so much closer. From the US I know there is another stop in Europe before we get to Florence but then we are so much closer .

overland park, ks.
4. Re: panzano

Thanks, that is a good idea, I will check into that.

overland park, ks.
5. Re: panzano

Do you live in Castellina in Tuscany? If you do could you give me your thoughts about car rental and return at the Florence airport? We returned a are at the Florence airport about 6 years ago and it was a nightmare. The gal we work with who lives in Florence says that they have redone the car rental place and it is easier. Your thoughts would be great. thanks!

Florence, Italy
6. Re: panzano

Have you looked into flying into Pisa or Bologna?

The car rental returns at the Florence airport have been moved to location under the train tracks - nearby but devilishly complicated to navigate. The easiest way to find it is to just drive into the airport, find the car rental shuttle bus and follow it to the drop off location.

overland park, ks.
7. Re: panzano

Thanks, I will look into Piza.

reviews: 7
8. Re: panzano

i would suggest Florence. It's so much closer and getting out of the city, from the airport, isn't that bad. It gets tricky when you try to drive to Florence and want to get to the center of town.

My wife and I stayed in Panzano for 2 months last fall (http://www.poderelacasa.com/) and loved it. Great cottage as homebase and many walks in the surrounding hills.

There is no rental agency in Panzano nor Greve. I seem to remember one in Figline but not sure. We would bus to Florence (1 hour) to rent a car when needed.

Hope this helps!

overland park, ks.
9. Re: panzano

does anyone know of farm like setting or more hands on cooking class in the chianti region, something different than just in the kitchen type class?

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 55
10. Re: panzano

We really enjoyed our cooking with Jacopo.

greve-in-chianti.com/tuscancookinglessons.htm

Reply to: panzano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panzano