We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castello do Colognole

Which Panzano in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
reviews: 1
Castello do Colognole

I'm researching several places to stay in the Panzano/Greve area. One of them is Castello do Colognole, the other is Castello di Meleto. We are limited to 5 days in Tuscany, so it's been a bit difficult to find a place for less than a weels time.

Grazie for any information on these places or other. We are traveling in May, will have a car.

12 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 54
1. Re: Castello do Colognole

kc....May is still early in the "season" for Tuscany. Agriturismos and villas that have a 7 day (Saturday to Saturday) rule will often relax it, particularly if you will spend 5 days. Contact the ones you are interested in and ask them. They would obviously rather have a 5 night rental in their quieter season than none at all.

san diego
2. Re: Castello do Colognole

Thank you for the advice, I am finding that there is a little bending of the rules, but most of them say "stay as long as you want, but pay the full price."

Also, I'm finding that I'm not reserving far enough in advance!

Grazie,

KC

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 66
3. Re: Castello do Colognole

We stayed in an apartment 5 minutes walking outside Greve (which is very close to Panzano) for 5 days last June which goes by day not by week. You can find it on greve-in-chianti.com/vacation_apartments_mon…

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Castello do Colognole

If you check the Greve website, you'll find that almost all of the places listed there have a minimum of three days. It's mostly agencies and large villas that use the one week minimum rule. Regarding Castello di Colognole - since you also mention Meleto - check that it's really the castle that's offering accommodation if that's important to you. I thought it was all private property and that the agriturismi there are just farmhouses nearby. That's just from memory.

http://www.greve-in-chianti.com

Saint Louis...
reviews: 14
5. Re: Castello do Colognole

We are staying in the cottage at www.fagiolari.it for 5 nights next October. She doesn't seem to have a minimum stay rule--and she offers cooking classes!

san diego
6. Re: Castello do Colognole

Thank you all very much for the input. I'm looking at several places and when I decide, I'll post which one I'm going with. And later, how I liked it.

Grazie,

Katie

Knoxville, Tennessee
7. Re: Castello do Colognole

Katie, I don't know if you've found a place to stay yet, but I just saw your post and wanted to offer some input about Castello di Colognole. Our family rented an apartment there in 2010 and continue to stay in touch with the two sisters who own part of the castle. They have two rental apartments in the castle and also handle renting a third apartment for another owner.

Colognole is a magical place, just 10 minutes drive from Greve. You're absolutely surrounded by beauty. We've seen all three apartments and they're quite unique... and you'll have use of the beautiful garden too. I highly recommend having Rita prepare a dinner for you at least one night.

My review on Slow Travel has more information about Colognole and the apartments: www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/review.asp?n=4740

Kathy

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
8. Re: Castello do Colognole

Just to clarify my post above, there are indeed, as indicated by Tnwalker, vacation apartments actually inside the Castle of Colognole. The castle is divided up and has several owners. Despite having been converted into a villa in Renaissance times, this castle is the oldest of the big castles around Greve.

san diego
9. Re: Castello do Colognole

Thank you very much for your informative posts on the Castello di Colognole.

We will be staying in the Del Caccia apartment for 5 days in May. This one seemed the most suitable for our time frame, economics and also location. Plus the pictures looked fabulous. After our trip, I'll post my impressions of our stay.

Grazie e Ciao!

reviews: 9
10. Re: Castello do Colognole

This was a wonderful agriturismo cottage my wife and I stayed in for 2 months in Panzano - http://www.poderelacasa.com/. Easy day trips in all directions and the Panzano restaurants were better options than in Greve. Hard to beat.

Reply to: Castello do Colognole
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panzano in Chianti