We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Ramoli

Which Panzano in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Casa Ramoli

“ Panzano in Chianti ”

June 2011

Has anyone got any tips on accommodation near Pazano/Greve. We are travelling with three young children in October.

fCan anyone ccomment about Casa Ramoli in Pazano Italy. The property states it's within walking distance to the town and wondered if it's a fairly easy walk since we are travelling with three young children.

Are there any small quaint towns outside of Florence that would be recommended over staying in the Pazano/ Greve area as a home base to travels in Tuscany?

Thank you-

6 replies to this topic
Weymouth, MA
1. Re: Casa Ramoli

My fiancee and I and another couple stayed there in November, 2010 and it was fabulous. The owners were extremely nice and helpful and we had everything we needed. The town of Panzano is about a 5-10 minute walk-- very close, but no sidewalks so be careful on the very curvy road into town.

We used Panzano as a home base and took day trips to Lucca, Florence, San Gmignano and a winery called Volpaia nearby. It was perfect.

Honestly, the pictures on their website do not do the place justice, meaning it's much better than the pictures. It was extremely clean and quiet, full kitchen (where we cooked some great meals and had wine most nights) and has a bedroom upstairs and 2 downstairs.

We had dinner one night in Greve and it seemed-- relatively speaking for small towns in Tuscany-- more active, busier with more dining options than Panzano. It's a bit bigger than Panzano but Greve is only 15 minutes driving up the road.

Casa Ramoli is a gem-- ask the owners about the exquisite olive oil they produce with their olive trees on-site.

Weymouth, MA
2. Re: Casa Ramoli

My fiancee and I and another couple stayed there in November, 2010 and it was fabulous. The owners were extremely nice and helpful and we had everything we needed. The town of Panzano is about a 5-10 minute walk-- very close, but no sidewalks so be careful on the very curvy road into town.

We used Panzano as a home base and took day trips to Lucca, Florence, San Gmignano and a winery called Volpaia nearby. It was perfect.

Honestly, the pictures on their website do not do the place justice, meaning it's much better than the pictures. It was extremely clean and quiet, full kitchen (where we cooked some great meals and had wine most nights) and has a bedroom upstairs and 2 downstairs.

We had dinner one night in Greve and it seemed-- relatively speaking for small towns in Tuscany-- more active, busier with more dining options than Panzano. It's a bit bigger than Panzano but Greve is only 15 minutes driving up the road.

Casa Ramoli is a gem-- ask the owners about the exquisite olive oil they produce with their olive trees on-site.

Levittown...
reviews: 52
3. Re: Casa Ramoli

Your review is great to hear. I love this place, but haven't been there yet. I'm looking forward to booking this for May or September 2012. I would leave tomorrow if I could. LOL This is one house right? So, if it is only my husband and I, they won't rent the other rooms, correct? I love that there are not alot of people around. Seems nice and quiet. Thank you so much for your review. I can't wait to go. Lynda

Mississauga, Canada
4. Re: Casa Ramoli

Casa Ramoli was a great spot for our family of 5 to spend a wonderful week exploring tuscany. It is a great spot, close to town where there are many restaurants within walking distance. As previously mentioned, you do have to be careful around the bends in the road. The owners are delightful people who keep the place very neat and clean. Our time fulfilled all of our expectations. I highly recommend it!

Sussex UK
reviews: 80
5. Re: Casa Ramoli

Try Villa Rosa just south of Panzano it is really good. We will be in Panzano in the first week in October so hope you make it.

Edited: 11:40 am, August 26, 2012
reviews: 4
6. Re: Casa Ramoli

My wife and I, with another couple, stayed at Casa Ramoli in April 2013. We had planned the holiday for a couple of years and it centred on our week in Tuscany. Casa Ramoli was more than we could ever have expected. Nestled in the beautiful countryside yet a 15 minute walk into the lovely township of Panzano. There was an easy bus connection into Florence and it was centrally located enabling easy day trips to many of the famous villages and towns of the region. There are ample wineries within easy reach as well.

Casa Ramoli itself was comfortably set up with all the amenities we needed including large bedrooms with an ensuite upstairs. The owners could not have been more friendly and helpful. Thoroughly recommended.

Reply to: Casa Ramoli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panzano in Chianti