We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Panzano

Which Panzano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
2 weeks in Panzano

My wife and I are planning a 2 week vacation to Tuscany in June. We're looking for a small town to use as a base. We're planning on renting a car so we can day trips around Tuscany. We've been thinking about renting an apartment in Panzano. Is there any reason to look for a different town to stay in?

10 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
reviews: 65
1. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

I think Panzano it's a good place between Siena and Florence. So you can visit all the Chianti's area and also some beautiful towns as Siena and Florence (why not Arezzo and Cortona) and small nice villages as San Gimignano, Certaldo, Volterra, Monteriggioni.

I suggest you also to visit some tiny villages as Volpaia (may be eating something in Barucci restaurant) or Montefioralle (near Greve in Chianti)

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 23
2. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

Panzano is a good choice, even though it's a small town. It also has daily public bus service to Greve (and directly on to Florence) in case you want to leave the car at home occasionally. (No need to drive yourself into Florence).

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
3. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

Yes, Panzano is ideal. It's exactly midway between Florence and Siena and is also high up so it's not too hot in summer. This clickable map of Chianti is centred on Panzano http://www.chianti.info/map_of_chianti.htm and opens links describing a few of the amazing number of interesting sights in the area. Although there are only 4-5 restaurants in Panzano itself, there are many in the countryside round about. They are generally a better deal than the restaurants in Greve.

reviews: 7
4. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

A great place to stay and call home base. My wife and i stayed for two months this last fall and loved it. Many restaurants to choose from as well as great places to stay. We stayed at Agritourismo Podere la Casa (http://www.poderelacasa.com/), which is right in the town and couldn't have been more comfortable. Great 2 bedroom apartment (400 years old...) with all the kitchen one could ask for. Bus to either Sienna or Florence is an hour. Many towns and hilltops within walking distance. We lucked into it and couldn't have found a better place.

5. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

Good choice! My wife and I were lucky to have stayed in Panzano for 2 months last fall. Perfect small town, fantastic restaurants and many great locations to walk or drive to. We stayed at http://www.poderelacasa.com/ at it was a wonderful find. The cottage actually has two bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, living room and wood fired oven outside. The view is spectacular. It's part of a working farm so helping the family, which became great friends, pick fruit and olives is a nice added treat. Price could not be beat. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
reviews: 19
6. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

We too love Panzano

have been there twice,for about a week each time during the vino al vino in Septmeber

We are headed back this year, we used public transport the first time and had a car the second

This time another couple is joining us

We would like to find a good driver and or tour guide for a day or two to take us around

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards Carol Yellow Springs Oh USA

7. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:59 pm, June 17, 2013

NJ
reviews: 5
8. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

Bookmarking

Boston...
9. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

We haven't stayed in Panzano but we have been there many times. It is a wonderful little tuscan town.Try to plan your trip around Vino Al Vino it's so much fun. We always eat at Guirdano on the terrace. Foods great! The only problem is it's not near the highway. If you want to go to any of the surrounding towns you have to travel a distance by narrow back roads. We like to stay in Tavarnelle or San Cassiano.

Wherever you stay in Tuscany is wonderful

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
10. Re: 2 weeks in Panzano

123JJ123, you mentioned: "The only problem is it's not near the highway." It's not near the A1 but it's right on the Via Chiantigiana which is the one and only non-motorway highway between Florence and Sienna, and the best and pretty much only way to visit the towns and villages of Chianti. There would be no point in being on the A1 or the Sienna-Florence motorway if you planned to visit the towns in the area. Greve, Panzano and Castellina all make excellent bases for visiting the sights of Chianti, Panzano being exactly midway between Florence and Sienna.

Reply to: 2 weeks in Panzano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panzano