We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bethune to Festubert - best way via public transport?

Which Bethune hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool, u.k.
reviews: 16
Bethune to Festubert - best way via public transport?

My boss is planning on taking some elderly family members to Bethune and Festubert. Can anyone advise me/him on the best way to get from Bethune to Festubert via public transport, please?

I've done a search on-line and found a bus service (called Allobus) that only runs twice a day, neither times of which are convenient.

Or, would it actually be better to take a taxi? If so, how much would it be approximately (4 pax)? And, is it easy to get a taxi upon arrival in Bethune?

They are taking the Eurostar to Lille I believe, then a local train from to Bethune

Any help would be appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
Chesterfield...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Bethune to Festubert - best way via public transport?

It's only just over 5 miles each way (8.3 kms) so it shouldn't break the bank.

Taxi prices in France are here - www.taxis-de-france.com

Also this firm should be able to help - www.taxi-forestier-bethune.com/

I'd reckon on around €10 - 12 each way.

blackpool, u.k.
2. Re: Bethune to Festubert - best way via public transport?

thank you for your helP!

blackpool, u.k.
3. Re: Bethune to Festubert - best way via public transport?

thanks for your previous help. i can't help thinking he's perhaps complicating matters by getting the eurostar from london to lille, a train from lille to bethune, then a taxi from bethune to festubert.... is this the easiest (or most sensible) route?? would it be worthwhile perhaps renting a car from lille for the day?

they are only going to be there for one day (they arrive in lille around 11 a.m. i believe and will leaving in the early evening).

any help would be appreciated!

London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Bethune to Festubert - best way via public transport?

There are other buses to and from Festubert apart from "Allobus".

You may also be interested in

ter-sncf.com/Regions/…Default.aspx

This give public transport connections over all the Nord Pas De Calais region, including bus connections to places not served by the train.

It indicates that the nearest railway station to Festubert is not Bethune, but a station called Cuinchy, which is about 2 miles from Festubert.. There is no taxi rank at the station, but you could try calling one of the firms indicated in an earlier reply and arrange for them to meet you from the train.

tadao.fr/upload/…85_rentree_11.pdf is the bus timetable from Cuinchy to Festubert, but the buses do not connect very well with the trains.

tadao.fr/upload/…60_rentree_11_2x4vol.pdf is the bus timetable from Bethune to Festubert, but the bus service only runs beyond Beuvry at certain times of the day, so is not very convenient.

However, given your schedule, hiring a car at Lille or getting a taxi would be the best option. If you do get a taxi, do make sure you book the return journey when you arrive at your destination, otherwise you could be stuck in Festubert with ages to wait until the next bus.

Reply to: Bethune to Festubert - best way via public transport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bethune
More Bethune Topics