We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uvita right AFTER Envision??

Which Uvita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 36
Uvita right AFTER Envision??

Hello. I am considering traveling to Uvita the weekend AFTER the 2014 Envision festival. Could any locals (or others with experience) please let me know if there's likely still to be a lot of signs of the festival (garbage lying around / burned-out people / worn-out local hoteliers / etc.) the weekend after the festival?

I am looking for tranquility and quiet, and am not a festival person, so am looking to avoid any aftermath of Envision.

Thanks for any thoughts you are able to share!

Dominical, Costa...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Uvita right AFTER Envision??

Last year some of the people that attended the event stuck around for about a week but it did not appear that it was a significant number. I noticed more showed up before the event than stuck around. For the unaware visiting, I doubt that they even noticed any difference as they did their tours and explored the area that following week. Most of the attendees do not rent cars so they tended to stick close to the event and those that did probably moved on when it was over. if that is the window you have available then I would go forward with your plans. Staying closer to Dominical or Ojochal will lessen your awareness that it had just occurred and both places are close enough to Uvita to allow you to do the things you have planned in the Uvita area. Uvita has become the commercial center of the area in addition to the local tours available around the park.

Grants Pass Or.
reviews: 3
2. Re: Uvita right AFTER Envision??

We were in Uvita during the 2012 envision festival. We did not notice anything that could detract from your stay, in fact the people we did encounter just added to our adventure.... Plenty of places to chill...Its up to you to do the rest....

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
3. Re: Uvita right AFTER Envision??

Envision is held in an out of the way farm/field a couple of miles from Uvita. Most people attending do not rent a car and either camp out there or stay in budget cabins or hostels near the event and attended the nearby beach as move on foot. The last two years the only difference I noticed was the supper market run low on some products (mainly eggs, bread and bannana) and there were some attendees walking down the highway. After the event the majority leave the same or next day and just a handfull stay longer or venture to Dominical. There was no noticeble increase of trash and you will bearly notice the event was heald unless you go to the farm itself. Most accomodations mid range and up are not afected by the festival. Even during the event there are many beaches which remain nearly deserted and restaurants are not busy. As you are comming the week after there is nothing different that you should worry about.

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 36
4. Re: Uvita right AFTER Envision??

Thanks, everyone

5. Re: Uvita right AFTER Envision??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 06, 2014