We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MUST see and do in Uvita?

Which Uvita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jolie618
reviews: 7
MUST see and do in Uvita?

My husband and I are traveling around Costa Rica in March. We'll be at La Cusinga for 3 nights with a rental car. Any suggestions for activities/sites we shouldn't miss? We are adventurous (I.e. hiking, snorkeling, etc), but also enjoying lounging around the beach and taking in the culture ( especially the food!).

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 54
1. Re: MUST see and do in Uvita?

Visit Marino Ballena NP (obvious). Take a horseback ride to either Nauyaca waterfall or El Diamante waterfall. Spent one early morning at Hacienda Baru hiking their trails. Drive to Boruca village. Visit Wilson Botanical Gardens.

Coastal NC
2. Re: MUST see and do in Uvita?

I'll be down there next month too, one thing I'd been told not to miss is the boat transfer from Uvita to hike in Corcovado National Park

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: MUST see and do in Uvita?

I highly recommend El Castillo for sunset and dinner. Some good info of the surrounding area here...http://ballenatales.com/en/

Massachusetts
reviews: 9
4. Re: MUST see and do in Uvita?

We just returned from 3 weeks in CR, the last 5 days in Uvita. The highlight for us in Uvita was the full day snorkeling trip (with Bahia Adventures) from Uvita to Canu Island and then on to Corcovado National park for picnic lunch and hike to waterfall. I snorkeled with a lovely sea turtle! Great clarity of water and variety of fish. Saw dolphins too.

We actually never went to Marina Ballena, but loved Playa Ventanas (the one with the caves - go at absolute low tide) and Playa Hermosa (lots of romantic shady spots).

We liked the food and casual atmosphere at La Fogata. Pizza one night, roasted and BBQ chicken the next. Not fancy but actually really good. Sangria.

Jolie618
reviews: 7
5. Re: MUST see and do in Uvita?

Thank you for the tips! I'll keep you updated!

6. Re: MUST see and do in Uvita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 17, 2014