We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Which Uvita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 1
Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Hi all,

My husband and I will be in Dominical and Uvita from Jan 3rd through Jan 16th, 2013. We are very much looking forward to a great whale watch trip (or two).

Here's the thing, my hubby used to be a whale watch boat naturalist in Maine (he was the expert with all the info on everything they saw). So...I really don't want him to be disappointed by a company that isn't reputable or doesn't really know their stuff.

Suggestions for the VERY BEST trips?

Thanks!!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Thomas the Destination Expert down that way has the knowledge you are looking for. He knows all the local companies. Sit tight and he will be along to answer your question or you can send him a private message.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Totally agree Thomas is the person to answer your question...send him a PM...great person...as far as I know he is not a whale expert ...but love to answer questions about UVITA area...

Roadavisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Agree that Thomas is yr man in Uvita/Domical area. Your husband should try to find and contact Shawn Larkin, who works out of Drake Bay most of the time, but is my go to guy on whales and all things cetacea...

Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

How is the drive from Quepos to Uvita?

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Totally agree Thomas is the person to answer your question...send him a PM...great person...as far as I know he is not a whale expert ...but love to answer questions about UVITA area...

Roadavisor

From Quepos to UVITA ...One of our best roads...only 45 minute ride...

Roadadvisor

Toronto, Ontario...
6. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Thanks and do you think we will see more Whales in Jan or At the end of March?

Toronto, Ontario...
7. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Thanks and do you think we will see more Whales in Jan or At the end of March?

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
8. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Here is a link to whale and Turtle activity in Uvita and Costa Rica that someone else had posted: costaricasbeaches.com/beach-wildlife/…

Whale watching in Jan is great and they are still around in March.

List of tour companies are here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g635755-s4/Uvita:Cost…

My favorite for Whale Watching is either Bahia Adventures: http://www.bahiaaventuras.com or Dolphine Tours: http://www.dolphintourcostarica.com/

The boats will search for Whales and most times they will find them. As far as the guides, they are localy trained, some may be knowledgeble and more than enough for 99% of the people they take. But none have a Doctorate in Marine Biology so as an expert in Whales he will probably be able to teach them something new but still enjoy being out at sea and having an oportunity to see and study the whales during their stay in Uvita.

Edited: 9:59 am, December 11, 2012
Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
9. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

Here is a link to whale and Turtle activity in Uvita and Costa Rica that someone else had posted: costaricasbeaches.com/beach-wildlife/…

Whale watching in Jan is great and they are still around in March.

List of tour companies are here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g635755-s4/Uvita:Cost…

My favorite for Whale Watching is either Bahia Adventures: http://www.bahiaaventuras.com or Dolphine Tours: http://www.dolphintourcostarica.com/

The boats will search for Whales and most times they will find them. As far as the guides, they are localy trained, some may be knowledgeble and more than enough for 99% of the people they take. But none have a Doctorate in Marine Biology so as an expert in Whales he will probably be able to teach them something new!

10. Re: Best Whale Watch for a Whale Expert...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 16, 2013