We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

Which Uvita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wantage, United...
reviews: 179
Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

What's the best time of year to visit the Costa Rica pacfic coast, in particular around the Uvita area?

I've seen a number of contradictory views. I was thinking of visiting in late November/early December.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
1. Re: Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

That is the tail end of the "green season" or rainy season. Personaly I prefer this time of year because its more green and lush, more wildlife spoting, nearly deserted beaches, cheaper accomodations & rent a cars. Some rain in the afternoon or late evening with possibility of spectacular electric storms.

The snorkeling might be so so in the Marine Park but there are many other atractions and tours you can do. The dry season is from end of December / early January to May or early June. This year has rained a lot less than usual. List of things to do in the Uvita area: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g635755-s4/Uvita:Cost…

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

Totally agree with Thomas and he is a local person from UVITA

Check TIKIVILLAS at Uvita...lovely place....

I like the area around Jan...all the way to July...honestly I like it there all year long!

roadadvisor

Philadelphia...
3. Re: Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

That is a great time. I have visited in every season. I have to say that they all offer something unique due to the climate changes.

ojochal costa rica
reviews: 13
4. Re: Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

How's the weather where you're sitting? If its perfect, I'd probably pick a different date. If you don't much care for your current weather, head on down!! Other than sept/October it's all good. I'm from Texas and only a Texan would go to the tropics in August to escape the heat! Droughts suck. Problem solved!

Jay from www.casadeventanas.com

Stevens...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

I'm going to Uvita in April. Looking to fish do i need to go to Quepos or are there charters near Uvita

6. Re: Best time of year to visit Pacific coast/Uvita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 07, 2014