We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Which Uvita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, New York
reviews: 1
Snorkeling

I would like some opinions as to whether snorkeling in Marina Ballena is worth the hour trip from the hotel. Also thoughts on taking a snorkeling trip to cano. I have heard so many negative things about snorkeling in CR that I am not sure if we should include it in our adventures.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
1. Re: Snorkeling

It all depends on the weather and your expectations. If you have been snorkeling the great barrier reef or near cozumel you will be disappointed. If you head out on a day or 2 after signficant rainfall your odds are not good as visibility will be limited.

We snorkeled at Cano Island and saw a ton of fish - including some very large schools of fish that separated into 2 streamms and swam right around us. Saw a variety of species. The visibility was marginal as it had rained extensively the day before. We didn't see any live coral. We were however glad we went.

You could wait til you're there and then decide based on weather.

Edited: 5:57 pm, July 10, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Snorkeling

Caño Island is a snorkeling destination...of course is not Cairns or Roatan but in a nice day...is a lot of life you can see around the island...worth it...the trip to the island is worth it even in a terrible day of snorkeling!

roadadvisor

3. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 12, 2013