We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

Which Cabuya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
elk
Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

we are renting the beach house La Floresta in Cabuya this summer. Anyone ever stayed there and how was the experience?

19 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
1. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

We are planning to rent the house in a few weeks, how was it finally ? Thanks ?

Griswold...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

Hi Marilene,

My husband and I stayed at La Floresta for a week during our honeymoon and could not have been happier. Claudia was a great host and a wonderful artist. The house was private and well situated to access Montezuma and Cabuya but I would also suggest that you rent an ATV for a few days to be able to head over to the other side of the peninsula and enjoy the beaches at Mal Pais and Cabo Blanco . Definitely head over to cemetery island (short walk from La Floresta but make sure you leave before the tide comes in) and while in Cabuya stop by El Coyote for frozen drinks and the Bakery for some wine and fresh food. We loved our time at La Floresta and would recommend it for any adventurous soul.

Montreal, Canada
3. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

Thanks for your comment, I appreciated !

Las Vegas, Nevada...
4. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

LA FLORESTA, CABUYA, COSTA RICA

WARNING - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY!!

I arranged to rent from Claudia in September 2013 for 3 months (October 16, 2013 to January 13, 2014). She demanded that I WIRE her funds for a cleaning deposit of USD $300 - WARNING DO NOT WIRE THIS WOMAN MONEY, SHE IS A THIEF! She pressed and pressed me for a rent deposit via wire, but I resisted (thank God!)

First problem - Claudia tried to rent me her 1993 car for $35/day - that is much more than Alamo rents their new 4X4s for! Rip-Off! She was very mad and unpleasant when I declined her outrageous offer...she was set on ripping me off from the onset!

Second problem - I asked Claudia which airport to fly into (San Jose or Liberia) she said Liberia. This is a bad mistake because you must drive 4 hours from Liberia to her property, or take an expensive taxi ride or (guess what??) you can pay Claudia $150 to have some random "friend" give you a ride...you can rent a car for 4 or 5 days for that fee! If you fly into San Jose you can take a quick commuter flight for $50 to an airport that is about 1 hour's drive to the property...another scam!

When I requested driving directions from Liberia to the property Claudia says "Google it" - great idea if she had an address or coordinates to Google...if you don't pay her to get to her property she says "you are on your own!"

Third problem - My 12 year old daughter and I arrived in Costa Rica as scheduled on October 16, 2013 at noon and by 1pm we had been robbed of all cash, computer, IPad, IPod and other items. Robbed from our locked rental car as we stopped for 5 minutes at a Super Market in Belen (about 15 miles outside of Liberia). After spending the afternoon with the police who did nothing, I had to arrange to return to the USA. Once I got home I contacted Claudia and (here is the worst FRAUD) she refused to refund my cleaning deposit...called me many, many foul names and STOLE my money!

She says that my reservation for the three months made her turn down offers in December 2013 (two months in the future) and so she says she can keep my CLEANING DEPOSIT! She has 2 months notice for the December holiday and she still wants to STEAL from me!

Jacó, Puntarenas...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

1- I know Claudia and she is very sweet and honest person and her place is really comfort and peaceful.

2- When you rent any House in Costa Rica. You have to pay a deposit is not way that somebody will reserve it without that. and if you don't get there at the time the renter keep the deposit that's in any country.

3- The regular shuttle price is $55 per person = $110 from Liberia to La Floresta very safe and professional

4- To fly from san jose to tambor is $54 per person = $108 and a taxi from there to la floresta in Cabuya will cost you around $50 at less, so total from San Jose will be $158 doing stop in Tambor.

5- I don't know any rent a Car cheaper than $35 at day, plus they all charge $1000 deposit on credit Card.

San Francisco...
reviews: 9
6. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

I enjoyed my stay at La Floresta and can't wait to return for my next visit. I was there during the second week of October. Everything about my stay was what I had hoped for as a getaway in the tropics. The property is lovely, tucked within the trees with immediate access to the beach, sun and ocean. I enjoyed long walks, great food, good company and relaxing as one would expect to do in a tropical paradise. Also worth mentioning is the cemetario on the island across from her property which is steeped with it's own local history. Definitely worth checking out when the tide is low :) Claudia is and was a lovely host and I am so appreciative that she was there to help make my stay enjoyable and care free. She was always on hand if I had questions about traveling the roads locally and around the country, always with the best recommendations whether it be to drive, fly or bicycle :) - This was especially helpful since I don't have a strong command of the Spanish language and getting around isn't as straight forward as you might think. From the time of booking my stay at La Floresta, up to my arrival in Cabuya, Claudia was the most accommodating and gracious hostess and has a truly wonderful location on the beach in Cabuya, Costa Rica.

Edited: 4:09 pm, October 30, 2013
Cabuya, Costa Rica
7. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

I will like to clarify that at any moment did I set to rip off no one and that is common knowledge that any rental place requires a reservation deposit, which I ask to all my guest, not demand . What you wire was areservation deposit no cleaning deposit

.About the car.....you inquired about renting a car locally, I offer my car for $35/ day (a solid 4x4 in impeccable conditions) as I have done to other guest for no more that you will rent an ATV ( up to $60 dollars a day in town ) You decline, fine.

About the airport ....you enquire how long, driving time, it will take from each airport to Cabuya not which airport to choose, that is a personal choice, base on your itinerary and budget and you were very specific about been on budget, so you choose Liberia.

You ask me for assistance to get from Liberia to Cabuya, I recommended to you a transfer shuttle as the best option from Liberia considering the fact of being in a total new country, accompanied by a child, the hassel of driving ,gas ( gas is very expensive in Costa Rica) and the other risks that could happen I arranged a shuttle transfer at yourrequest a with a reputable company , named...Tropical Tours at $55dollars per person for a total of $110 for both of you . But you canceled after you decided to rent a car.

I did sent you the address of the house that you rent in the generalinformation of the place and I did give you directions.

I really lament that you got robbed but put the blame were it belongs. All what I did was trying to be the most helpful as possible,putting a lot of time answering all your inquires, turning down other renters and suggested the safest way to get here, but you chose not to follow my recommendations.

I have a solid reputation in this town that I built through honesty and hard work. Something that many friends and guest throught the years can testify to.

Las Vegas, Nevada...
8. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

CAUTION - CAUTION - CAUTION

My prior positing is my REAL story - Claudia is a predator and looking to take your money just as she has stolen mine. I paid her a cleaning deposit, she said it is FULLY refundable if the house is left in clean condition.

She kept my MONEY saying that now she cannot rent the house in December - that is two months away. Even if it were a security deposit, no one keeps it if you have 1) a catastrophe happen and 2) you cancel two months ahead of any possible time the place could have been rented.

Claudia is a PREDATOR and she will steal your money just like she did mine - there are many, many houses to rent in this area...DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS ONE!

I have nothing to gain from posting my true story, except to WARN YOU about this scam artist...she is posting lies to get renters so that she can swindle you out of your money...it's not worth the hassle, rent elsewhere.

Las Vegas, Nevada...
9. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

CAUTION - CAUTION - CAUTION

My prior positing is my REAL story - Claudia is a predator and looking to take your money just as she has stolen mine. I paid her a cleaning deposit, she said it is FULLY refundable if the house is left in clean condition.

She kept my MONEY saying that now she cannot rent the house in December - that is two months away. Even if it were a security deposit, no one keeps it if you have 1) a catastrophe happen and 2) you cancel two months ahead of any possible time the place could have been rented.

Claudia is a PREDATOR and she will steal your money just like she did mine - there are many, many houses to rent in this area...DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS ONE!

I have nothing to gain from posting my true story, except to WARN YOU about this scam artist...she is posting lies to get renters so that she can swindle you out of your money...it's not worth the hassle, rent elsewhere.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
10. Re: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house

PRICES:

I think $35 a day is very cheap for a car rental, but maybe not for a month (and I'd never need it for that long, I usually don't even get a car when I go to Montezuma) but then it's not from an actual car rental business. If it was an option to rent it just for the days you might like to take it, I'd say it's a steal. I'd like to know where I can rent a car for $150 for 4-5 days. That Alamo rental is going to have other taxes and insurances on it in Costa Rica, in my experience; for those prices I'd rent when I went to Costa Rica. I usually double-check prices and they've been SO high for car rentals the last few years I just do the shuttles or directo bus.

I'd think $150 for someone to drive your personally from Montezuma to Libera (or San Jose) is normal (not a bargain, but normal) I think I paid that much on a visit 5 years ago, when the times for something got goofed and I needed something earlier than I'd thought (since someone else for a shuttle had quoted me bad times).

$54 for the flights from Tambor to SJ, seems cheap, but you still have to get from airport to your destination. Maybe I've seen flights that cheap and the times didn't work out for me. This I'll have to double-check for next time if I can really fly that cheap (although I know the luggage restrictions are pretty high).

Maybe, many of these prices are cheaper in the September off season, I usually don't go at that time of year (I go somewhere between Nov. to May). I've been to Montezuma 15+ times and spent from a week to a month there at various times.

Gary

Reply to: Any reviews of La Floresta Beach house
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cabuya
More Cabuya Topics